Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Tin Man (with a Kitten Heart)

Referring to my previous post, Resistance and Persistence
I explained how I finally (-finally!!!) talked Tin Man into getting our family a kitten. 

This is why I married him:
He may act like a tough guy and a guy who is a "Tin Man",
but I know -after 22 years of knowing this guy- he is a pushover.
(Just for the record, I will deny I ever said that!)

But seriously, he is.

He has the sweetest heart.
Sometimes, it just takes a little pushing,
prodding,
or nagging, 
me just refusing to giving up.
Remember? 
Resistance=Persistence.

I said he gave in and agreed we could get a kitten.
However, he had not even gone to the breeder yet.
He said yes, but I wanted him to meet our kitten before she came home,
and be excited as I am about finally getting a kitten again after many years without one.

So, I took Tin Man to the breeder, to meet our little kitten.
 [Who comes home this weekend!]
As we played with, and cuddled our little kitten,

and talked with the breeder about her,
another kitten was being cuddled and cooed at by our family at the same time.
And she was super cute too.

Then,
to my surprise, 

Tin Man said: "What if we wanted both of these kittens?"

Me: [Who whipped her head around to Tin Man, stunned, gapping, bug-eyed]...

Yes. 
Those are our kittens!
Stella, and Sasha!
Both Siberian Neva Masquerade Colorpoints.
Stella is a seal point, and Sasha is a blue point.

We are all so excited for them to join our family.
(Insert 100 cat heart-eyes emojis here!)

This was my text this week to Tin Man:



Like I said, 
Tin Man with a Kitten Heart.

But I knew this when I married him,
all those 22 years ago. 


I mean, if you take a picture like this:
(Tin Man-age 22, with his cat.Yes. His cat.)
Even if the picture was taken in jest,
there is a pretty good chance 
you have a kitten heart.

And one day, 
you may surprise
(but not really surprise, because this is the guy you married after all-)
 your wife by getting two kittens...


post signature
(...who married the guy who once took his picture with his cat...which is a story for another day...)

No comments: