
There are many recipes for Cottage Pie or Shepherd's Pie. Since I have small boys who don't like cooked peas or carrots in their dinner, I finally found a recipe they loved without the cooked veggies...{But who am I kidding? I also am not one to like the peas or carrots in Shepherd's Pie either!} This recipe pleased the entire family...
So~
This is what we'll be eating on St. Patrick's Day:
{Without the carrots and peas~}
Our SHEPHERD'S PIE On St. Patrick's Day
1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey)
1/2 of one sweet onion, chopped
2 cups mashed potatoes
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brown beef and onion in skillet, salt and pepper to taste. Layer into bottom of casserole dish, cover with mashed potatoes and top with grated cheese. Place in oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is thoroughly melted.

(...Who loves a bit of good Shepherd's Pie on a blustery March day!)




15 comments:
YUM!
I have a macaroni and cheese dish that I made up you would love.
It has homemade macaroni and cheese, bacon, chicken, and then whatever veggies you do or don't want to put in!
I'll have to send it to you!
Enjoy your yummy dinner this week!
.mac :)
Shephard's Pie is definitely a family favorite! Your recipe sounds so GOOD! Thanks for passing it on...hope your Monday's a great one!
Oh, and I would love to follow you on your private journey, so just shoot me an e-mail when you get a chance! :)
I have never had Shepherd's Pie. I think it looks interesting but I'm just not sure and I'm not sure my boys will buy it either. I may have to give this one a try. Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed week!
This sounds goooood!
By the way, I received the giveaway package last week! THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I am already half way through the book! I love it! My husband rolled his eyes at the movie! Hee hee!
Your Sherpherds pie looks delicious. You MUST save some for me, it's my birthday on St Patrick's Day!
I would love to read your private blog, if you will let me that is.
Lindsay
x
Yum this sounds so good and so easy too. My kids would love this.
That's one of my husband's favorites!! Yum! Too bad he will be out of town on the big day.
Cute header too!
XOXO
Jen
wow, yummmmmy! Ive got 4 girls who might even eat this, lol!! thanks for the delish share :) xoxo LA
Sounds so yummy!
Btw, today was such a blustry day here in TN--burrr.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
I made shamrock shaped rice crispy treats--green and all!!
Oh, I want to put a photography page on my blog to showcase some of my shoots I do for friends.
I don't have a clue how to do it--I had someone rework my blog a few weeks ago and didn't know I wanted "photography" as a header.
Can you help?
Oh that's very similar to mine! Except I use a small amount of broccoli (my hubs idea, not mine) but mostly my kids just pick it out and I'm okay with that as long as they take at least one big of it :)
Oh...it's St Patricks Day tomorrow???
sandy toe
Mmmm, this one sounds good. I, too, have a family of pea/cooked carrot haters. I'll bet they'd like this dish :) Thanks for sharing.
YUM! That looks fantastic and sounds easy!
Mrs. NB
Post a Comment