Monday, March 22, 2010

Dinner is Ready: Easiest Peanut Butter Cookies EVER!



Easiest Peanut Butter Cookies Ever...
1 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
(Yes, that really is all. No flour is needed!)
Mix the ingredients together. Roll into balls and gently smash each ball with a fork to flatten. Bake at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes. ( I only cook them for 15 minutes.)

***
What  if you have children with food allergies?
I have TWO children allergic to peanut butter. One allergic to eggs, as well. I made the above recipe with substitutions for peanut butter AND eggs:
 

  • I substituted 1 cup of  Soy Nut Butter for peanut butter

  • I substituted 1 teaspoon of baking powder + 1 Tablespoon of water + 1 Tablespoon of oil  for one egg

  • I also added 1/8 cup more sugar because Soy Nut Butter isn't as sweet as the real deal.



{Ignore the messy kitchen, and cut me some slack that one kid is in a pull-up...That is just real life around here!}
...Everyone LOVED these cookies...especially the ones allergic to peanut butter!
My husband {who is not addicted to sweets like I am-} would walk by and nibble at a cookie.
...and nibble, and nibble, and nibble...
HE even loved them~

Here are the time-elaped photos for proof:
{Now you see them~}
{Now you don't~}

post signature
(...Who loves to make {EASY!} cookies that the whole family likes, and can eat.)
~AND~
Thank You to Mrs. Nurse Boy for her wonderful recipe!!!


13 comments:

Diana Ferguson said...

Love peanut butter cookies! Jonah likes to help me make anything sweet.......

Annette said...

I love your recipes! Hey, check out my blog for a surprise thats waiting for YOU!!!!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Looks like they love them!
SANDY TOE

Shannon said...

Had to come by and read again so I could copy down the recipie!! These cookies might be our afternoon activity on this cold, rainy day. Yum!

Leah said...

Sounds easy, we may have to make some this week.

Mommy Mac said...

You are the best at finding easy recipes that look scrumptious!

Love the pull up complete with shades atop head...classic!

.mac :)

April said...

OK...your post title contained 3 of my favorite words...EASY, PEANUT BUTTER, and COOKIES. Need I say more? :):)

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I love easy recipes.
Man, there is nothing better than p/b cookies. I have no willpower when it comes to those cookies and would eat far more than my share!
Yummy!

Julie said...

you are such a rock star mom! My hubby won't let me "waste" our peanut butter on cookies or any baking because it can be so expensive here... but those do look good!

Sandra said...

noticed that Pampered Chef Batter bowl and scraper!!! LOL

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Sooo glad you guys loved them as much as we do! They are always a hit! I get requests for these all the time!

Mrs. NB

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I love your "Eat at Mom's" sign...so cute!

I am having a "Blue Monday" giveaway~stop by to see~

Thanks...Have a terrific week!

Carrie

Unknown said...

Yummo! All of my square plates are chipped too. Do you think that is because they are square?