Well~
I started learning to knit last night.
After a one hour class...
....I am still clueless.
I did pick red yarn-
I should be learning how to make a coaster.
{This just may be the next giveaway...Not!}
However,
I am having fun!
I am with my wonderful sister,
my dear friend Quiche Me,
and our amazing teacher & and friend M.
I really am here trying to knit because:
1. I will be going out on Friday nights for the next month while Tinny babysits. (Woo-Hoo!)
2. The knit shop happens to also be right across from my favorite Thai restraunt.
3. I will be eating Thai every Friday for the month (!).
{If I can convice Quiche Me to go back-Her dish was so spicy, she ended up eating some of mine!}
4. I am with my best friends (the ones here in Michigan-)
5. I will ( maybe-) have a new hobby.
Kind-Of.
Well, sort of~
That is, IF I can figure this thing out.
{Knitting is HARD!}
Do you knit?
{Why?}

(...Who has some knitting practice to do this weekend.)








15 comments:
I can knit but I very rarely do. Have fun. I love Thai food. The spicer the better.
I knitted one thing in my whole life... a scarf - and I give it away on my blog. I need to do it again though, it was super fun! Love your blog it is super cute!
I think knitting and crocheting as well as quilting is a lost art today. I have tried a few times to learn to crochet but am not patient and keep giving up- my mom crochets and I want her to teach me. People love getting home made gifts and its something you can pass down to your children! Good luck on this new endeavor!!
That is wonderful! You know....I wanted to learn to knit this past fall to make the boys cute little hats. Course, that didn't happen. Kudos to you for trying--let me know how it all pans out.
I love Thai food, too!!
I haven't knitted for years. I would love to take it up again. Wish I could join you and your girlfriends taking the class. I bet you have so much fun.
Look forward to seeing the coaster!
Lindsay
x
My mom knits and crochets. It comes naturally to her. She uses it to bless others - baby blankets, scarves, and caps for the children's hospital, prison ministries, and mission trips.
I wasn't blessed with that gene. I wish I had the patience for it but I do not. Oh well!
Enjoy the time with your girlfriends! Sounds like fun!
Me too!
And I would love to do what you are doing!
Ruby,
I LOVE that you are getting some Friday nights to yourself.
I love that you have some great friends to do this with.
I love that you chose red yarn.
I have tried learning to knit.
I am left handed and my teacher (mother-in-law) is right handed.
I don't cross over hand dominance.
It just doesn't happen for me. No can do.
I am still hopeful to learn.
I do have a lot of sewing hobbies/talents.
Not so sure knitting will be one of them.
Want it to be though!
Stinkin' needles and twisting yarn.
UGH!
I will take your red coaster any day.
LOVE your sister's bangs!
Peace out-
.mac :)
Learning to knit was one of my New Year's goals, so far I have taught myself to cast on and the knit stitch. I'm glad that you are getting a few friday nights out with the girls!
I have never knitted--just crocheted which is easier from all testimonials I've heard.
Love your new pics!
I learned how to knit a couple of years ago and have knitted a scarf, and several wash clothes!! I have recently learned to crochet and LOVE it! It is SO much easier! Right now I've been busy crocheting beanies!! It's fun!!
How fun to have this time with girls! Can't wait to see your coaster!!
I want to learn to knit! It's on my things to do this year. Good for you for doing it!
Thanks is awesome!
XOXOX
Jen
i think a friday night knitting club sounds fantastic! i wish i could talk some friends into that! i re-taught myself about 2 yrs ago. grandma taught me the first time! anyway... i kinda like crocheting more... but i just acquired a bunch of knitting needles :) i got plenty of yarn!
really... i can't wait to see your coaster :)
I can knit... slowly... but I can crochet like a speed demon... been crocheting since I was 6 yrs old.
That may be up you alley if you decide knitting isn't for you...
have fun!
Good luck! That stuff scares me. I am not a quick learner with that stuff.
sigh.
Mrs. NB
Post a Comment