Saturday, March 13, 2010

Friday Night Knitting~ It Was SUPPOSED To Be A Coaster...

So I am knitting on Friday nights in this class...
So far, I really like getting out of the house and going out to a Thai restaurant beforehand.
Don't get me wrong-I DO like learning to knit.
Really, I do!
...However-it is obviously NOT a natural talent of mine.
I had to stop over to have my 'teacher'  friend fix what I had started...
She said "This might hurt to watch~" and then unraveled the whole thing, and handed me back a ball of yarn.
I started over and this is what I had to bring to class last night:

It is not in the shape of a coaster...
{I really have no idea what it is~}
Not sure.
Still thinking...
The teacher gave me this book to help me as I am learning to knit:

I think it is pretty bad when you don't even understand the book that is supposed to help you fix what you are trying to knit.
{That IS bad, isn't it?!}
***
Well, at least I have a Barbie sized tablecloth for the neighbor girls!
{I think that is what I will call my first project above~}
Keep wishing me luck as I learn to knit...


post signature
(...Whose husband said he can picture me in forty years with glasses perched on my nose knitting in a rocker...Not sure if that is a compliment, but he did say what I made for class was brilliant~Nice to know I have one fan.)

11 comments:

Girly Stuff said...

I have the same Barbie tablecloth here at my house!

I just bought different needles yesterday because my knitter friend said metal needles were the enemy. Now I have plastic and life is better!

Good Luck to ya!

Leah said...

As my mother always said 'Practice makes perfect'. I think in no time at all you will get the hang of it.

RaD said...

Looks about as good as I could do. No wait! You have a general knowledge and desire so yours is MUCH better than anything I could do :)

Jen said...

You should see the very first thing I knitted! It was sad and had NO shape! It's quite funny actually! Trust me your babie table cloth is much better than my first attempt at knitting! Don't give up you'll get the hang of it!!

Mother Hood said...

I have a friend that is teaching me to knit. I don't have anything to show for it though, cuz I keep unraveling it and starting over EVERY time I get to the second row!

Keep it up!

Mother Hood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mommy Mac said...

Oh, sister.

You crack me up.

Barbie's tablecloth...good one!


Keep trying!


.mac :)

Lindsay-ann said...

Congratulations on knitting your first bookmark!
Lindsay
x

Dawn said...

ooo... the red is pretty :)
i don't even know what to say about the book! my goodness! the book i have (and love) is...Teach Yourself Visually Knitting & Crocheting. it really is good...

i am so glad you are enjoying the night out... and keep on with the yarn. i know you are going to be great!

Sandra said...

i still say you should try crocheting... LOL!

Karen and Gerard said...

At least you are trying, more than I do. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it eventually.