Thursday, March 18, 2010

{Oh, That Martha and Her Crafts!!!} Come On In: Glittery Candles

~A Martha Stewart Inspired Craft~
And this time, I finished without a band-aid.
{Read yesterdays post if you care to sympathize with me...}
What you need to make Glittery Candles:
ModPodge
Epsom Salt (or some kind of glitter)
Candles
Paper Plate
Paint Brush
***
That Martha Stewart and her crafts! I laugh when I look through her magazine, mumbling to myself, "Yeah, right! I am SO NOT trying that!"
That lady must have nothing but time on her hands to think up crafts that take forever and a day. ...And then another day.
(Paint the ModPodge on the candle and then roll candle in Epsom Salt in the paper plate)
***
I was flipping through the December issue again and FINALLY I found a craft I decided I could try.
One I could try and not ruin too many things.
{One I would try, and NOT bleed like yesterday...}
One I would try, and it would be quick-just how I like to do crafts.-Finished by the end of nap time, and still on time to make carpool.
{Quick, easy, and not too many 'crafting' steps. Too long? Nothing gets done around the house. I lose interest. Too intricate? I start talking on the phone and forget I was in the middle of  a project. I end up frustrated.}
Glittery Candles. Done! ...And still on time for carpool!
post signature(...who is not so much a Martha-Stewart-Crafty-Person...but trying!)

14 comments:

April said...

Well...look at you..."Miss Crafty Britches" herself! LOL Seriously...I am beyond impressed...especially since no blood was shed this time around! :) I, actually, think I might be able to pull this one off, too!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Oh, those look beautiful! And it's just epsom salt? Amazing. I bet my kids could even do that....I never let them near glitter!

Anonymous said...

I could totally do this one (and I even have ModPodge!!) Now I just need candles...

Can you still burn them though?

mysteryhistorymom said...

Gorgeous! You must be so proud- and you should be!:) I may need to try this.... Thanks for sharing! Lori

Dawn said...

woo-hoo! glad you found a craft you could even fit into your schedule! and they look so pretty! no glue gun, no drill, no injuries!!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

So pretty! You did a great job and no blood either :)

XOXO
Jen

Rachel said...

I love how those turned out!

I am so un-crafty it isn't funny (yes, many injuries to prove it).

Love your canisters - I have totally been on the hunt since my glass ones had a "collision".

And... honey, I hate to say this. But yes, that woman had a period in her life where she had NOTHING *but* TIME to think of all these things! I'm sure you can get awful creative in a cell... tee hee!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

We MUST always remember that Martha had ONE child. And, it was a GIRL. Who hated her for many years.

But, I like these! I just might try this with some of my tired candles. That makeover just might save their lives.

Mrs. NB

Annikke said...

Love the new blog layout!

FUn candles too... easy peasy!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

What a great craft!
I love that you did it quick and had time for other things. I generally take forever to finish a project!

Lindsay-ann said...

Your candles look great. I will have to get myself some of that modpodge stuff. Glad todays crafting went better than yesterdays! Hope your finger is healing! That could have been so much worse.
Lindsay
x

bevy said...

Those really look good!

Sandy said...

I am so glad that you found and are following both my blogs now! Yours are some of my favorites. I have this one listed on my Blogroll post, (but haven't gotten that post moved to link up with my horizontal bar, yet)but just realized that I called it Ruby Red Slippers. I'll have to go change that right now!
Anyway, I am going to have try to find time to make these beautiful candles and
thank you for all of your comments. . .you are entered for my blogiversary drawing!

trish said...

Your candles turned out so nicely. :o) Can I copy you?! :o)