I know December was a busy month, and maybe you missed the post about our cat, Tucker.
{Go Here to read about Tucker~He really was a special cat.}
Here it is March, and Tucker is still missed.
It is weird.
I still make sure my glass of water is in the sink when I am done with it, because he was known to knock a glass of water over to drink it.
I groggily wake up early in the morning thinking I heard his distinctive Siamese meow.
Sometimes, I see a lump in my bed, and think-"Oh, there he is again, sleeping-", rather than the comforter just wasn't tucked in snug again.
And I am not the only one...
Happy Boy has asked quite a few times now, "Where IS Tucker?!"
{"Heaven, Honey~"}
My oldest doesn't say too much, and neither does my Dancing Boy...until last week:
Dancing Boy came home from school the other day with this paper in his hand:
{Go Here to read about Tucker~He really was a special cat.}
Here it is March, and Tucker is still missed.
It is weird.
I still make sure my glass of water is in the sink when I am done with it, because he was known to knock a glass of water over to drink it.
I groggily wake up early in the morning thinking I heard his distinctive Siamese meow.
Sometimes, I see a lump in my bed, and think-"Oh, there he is again, sleeping-", rather than the comforter just wasn't tucked in snug again.
And I am not the only one...
Happy Boy has asked quite a few times now, "Where IS Tucker?!"
{"Heaven, Honey~"}
My oldest doesn't say too much, and neither does my Dancing Boy...until last week:
Dancing Boy came home from school the other day with this paper in his hand:
This is what it said:
"The One I Love"
I loved my cat.
I wanted to {play} fetch crumbled up paper with him.
His name was Tucker.
He was so nice.
He died when I was six on Christmas.
He sat by the Christmas tree.
He read it to me, and then buried his head in my side and cried.
Nature Boy also coming in the door, stopped and watched somberly.
No one tells you about this part of parenting~When your child hurts, you really do feel it, and wish you could make it better, even when you can't...

(...Who wishes she could make the tears stop sometimes, but recognizes that grief is a necessary part of life~)




8 comments:
Bless Dancing Boy's heart! What a beautiful remembrance he wrote.
We still miss our beloved dog who died 2 years ago. At the strangest moments the kids will cry and say, "Mommy, we miss Snickers!" "I do too. I do too."
I think that is great.
Kids {boys in particular} deal with grief in such a different manner.
They are just not wired to process and reflect like adults (let alone girls}.
God might have just tapped you into a great way to reach Dancing Boy.
He is a writer; that's how he expresses and processes feelings.
What a great thing to know BEFORE the teenage years hit!!!
Tucker is still a blessing to your family in the ways you learn about your boys.
.mac :)
I know what you mean. A few weeks ago our cat was sick and we thought she was going to die but she didnt. Then out dog unexpectedly died and we all cried. I keep hearing him whine to go out and jumping through the house. :( My 9 year old wrote a story about him at school and she told me all her teachers hugged her. My 14 year old wears his Rabies tag on a necklace.
I am sad that he is missing Tucker so much. You will have to frame the poem alongside a picture of Tucker as a special tribute to him.
I love how you re-arranged your great room. Can you come and do mine please?
Have a great weekend.
Lindsay
x
What a sweet boy!!!
Mrs. NB
So sweet... you need to laminate that or frame it. I have letters folded in my Bible. Sweet boy!
Awwww... That's sad :( Our cat was sick a month back and we almost lost him for the second time. The vet is still unsure at what is really wrong with him, but we can't afford the tests to find out. So they've altered his diet in order to hopefully control it. I'm hoping we will not have a grieving boy one day in the not too distant future too, as it is his cat (although we all love the rascal).
Oh my - what a precious tender heart he has.
I love that he chose to remember sweet things that he enjoyed with Tucker.
That is a treasure!
Post a Comment