
13 years...He's been our Tradition. Our beloved (but quirky) cat.
Twelve Christmases with our Tucker.
Every Christmas since Tin Man and I have been married, we have had our Tucker. On our very first Christmas (and Tucker was almost five months old), Tin Man got me the most beautiful cashmere sweater. It was soft as butter, and I decided to put it on directly after getting ready for Christmas day with my family. But before I could put it on-I found Tucker eating a ginormous hole in the shoulder...
I think it was our second Christmas together when I got Tin Man a fish tank that Tucker chewed up the cord to it within the month...
A few year later on Christmas, Tucker ate the power cords to Tin Man's new video game system...
One Christmas there was a black fur cape...destroyed by you-know-who...
When I would wrap Christmas presents-he would always sit near me, just waiting until I would crumble up a wad of unused wrapping paper so he could play fetch...(Seriously-like a dog-)
Oh-the year our oldest son cried so loud for a candy cane? The cat jumped up and bit him on the arm to make him stop crying (which just tripled the sonic sound-)...
Wrapping gifts every year, I would hide the ribbon from Tucker, because -for whatever reason- He loved to chew it up! (...and then throw it up...)
What Christmas doesn't have a crazy story about Tucker? He has been our Christmas tradition since our very first Christmas together for 12 years now...
But this Christmas, Tucker will be missing.
We made the difficult decision yesterday to put our beloved cat to sleep. Kylie stayed with the boys, while Tin Man and I did what we had to do at the vets.
He was our 'first'-our first pet, before all the boys came-Tucker was...
Yes, he was annoying when he would eat my decorations (and cashmere sweaters!).
Yes, he bit the boys.
Yes, he ate things like string-and got sick-
Yes! He even ate through cords to the T.V. and the stereo (Crazy!).
Yes, our youngest was allergic to him~
Yes.
Yes, our youngest was allergic to him~
Yes.
But~He was the first birthday gift my husband gave to me after we were married.
He was sweet, and loved to cuddle. (Co dependant I think is what you call it-)
He would meet guests at the door, and meow loudly (LOUDLY) until they petted him.
He would come running when I crumbled paper because he thought that meant it was time to play fetch.
He would stick his head in my purse and pull out the dollar bills not in my wallet.
He loved it when I poured him a cold glass of water from the sink.
People would come to visit and say, "Oh I am REALLY not a cat person-" but Tucker took that as a challenge, and won over every single person who said that.
Today, I woke up and waited to hear his distinctive, deep, low meow...but it was quiet.
Today, I woke up and waited to hear his distinctive, deep, low meow...but it was quiet.
Too quiet.
I miss you already, Tuck.

(...who has been crying AND congested-NOT a good combination!)



16 comments:
Sorry to hear about Tucker. :(
Now I'm crying. This really resonates with me because lately our 16 yr old sweet girl, Murphy hasn't been looking her normal self & I've been trying to prepare myself for the same thing you're going through.
So sorry to hear about Tucker.
that must've been really hard. We felt like it was best to give our cat Bumble to a good home when we moved but my husband misses him terribly. I's a blessing to have them, but when they're gone, it hurts.
That must have been so difficult, especially at this time of year. I dread the day when we have to make the same decision. My husband's cat is near 11 so I don't think it's far away.
Our cat, by the way, is also a Siamese.
Aw man, Rubes.
I am really sorry. I know how much animals take part in making us what are family becomes.
We have Jack and Jill. Brother and sister cats that I rescued from someone about to throw them away in a tied Wal-mart bag. Their eyes were still closed. I got them when Kenny and I were "on a break". Kenny is allergic to cats. Yes, the break ended and guess who had to just "get over" being allergic to cats. And guess who else has to super woman clean to keep cat hair at an all -time minimum?
Oh, the yin and the yang of kharma.
Actually, Tucker is probably having the best Christmas he has ever had complete with a cashmere blanket and an entire roll of that curly q ribbon they yack up so nicely. He's looking down say, "Nananannaanannana!"
Enjoy this Christmas and remember, it's the Big Guy cleaning up the cat puke for you.
Love to you.
.mac :)
I am so sorry for your loss.
Oh, gosh, that made me tear up...how sad for you and your family. I am sorry to hear about your loss. I know how pets can become a part of your family. Have a Merry Christmas!
Oh I am so sorry about Tucker.
We had to put our beloved Maggie down a couple of years ago. She was with us for 9 years. The next morning when it was so quiet, I called my husband at work and said I could not handle the silence with out her (the children and I were still crying) and we went to the spca and adopted 2 cats. Now we have Thomas, Lizzie, and Easter (who adopted us). I remember telling Lizzie (at first) who is the sweetest cat, "I don't love you, but maybe one day I will." :o) Needless to say, I love each one of them.
Hugs,
Trish
I am sorry to hear about Tucker and your difficult decision. I know how much I love my cat...
I am so sorry for your loss. It's a day we all dread, being pet owners.
I'm so sorry.
Aww how sad!! :(
Sorry to hear about your cat.
I am so sorry to hear about Tucker. He sounds a wonderful pet. I am sure he had the happiest of cat lives being part of your family. You have some lovely memeories of him to treasure.
Sending you a hug today.
Lindsay
x
I'm so sorry to hear about Tucker.....As my daughter would say, "He's a kitty angel now."
I am so sorry to hear about your Tucker.
It sounds like Tucker was a wonderful part of your family. I am so sorry for your loss.
Post a Comment