Thursday, December 3, 2009

Like An Old, Comfortable Pair of Shoes~

O.K.
Many of you asked how it went when I was a substitute teacher after being out of a classroom for nine years.

{NINE}
Nervous?

Yes.

Worried I lost my "touch"?

Yep.

...But it was Fan.Tas.Tic. !!!

It was like putting on your most favorite pair of shoes that have sat in the closet for a long while forgotten. As you finally got around to cleaning this messy closet, filled with stuff, your heart gave a little 'leap' because you had completely forgotten about them, but they were your favorite shoes for like, forever. These are never going to be donated, or thrown away-because they still fit, and they are still perfect for you...


Comfortable.

Felt right.

...That is how it was to teach again~

Like breathing...

post signature

(...Who enjoyed her day teaching, but was EXHAUSTED by the time she came home! If you are a working mom-you deserve MUCH Respect...You definitely have mine~)

13 comments:

Dawn said...

i'm so glad your day went well... and that you loved it. ahhh... breathing. lovely.

April said...

I knew you were going to have a great time! Any plans to go back full-time in the near future? I agree, any mom who can work full-time and still maintain the household has my full respect!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

Oh how I love your passion for teacing!! Glad you had a great day and yes, I have lots of respect for working moms.....couldn't do it!

Kelli said...

I'm so glad your day went well and you were able to be comfortable. I have a lot of respect for moms who stay at home.

Michelle said...

Yay! So glad you had a good time! I am a working mom, but so wish I could be a stay at home mom. It breaks my heart a little each time I drop my little boy off at the babysitter's. You are very blessed! And like wise, SAHM's have my respect! :)

Lindsay-ann said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your day and it went well for you. I enjoy working but it's only 3 days a week so I get to be a part time worker and a part time SAHM. Hope you get some more work from the school soon.
Lindsay
x

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I feel the same way! I used to sub off and on at my boys' school before we put them in public school. I always loved... and was EXHAUSTED! Now I volunteer in Bruiser's class twice a month. I always wonder if I will ever go back full time, but I do still miss it at times.

Mrs. NB

Anonymous said...

Hello! It's been great to catch up on the goings on over your way... Love all the photos of your boys. Glad you had a great day of sub teaching - it's like riding a bike really, isn't it?! You know a good teacher too by the way they describe their day! Has Nature Boy received anything in the mail from the land down under? Eli wrote about 2-3 weeks ago and excitedly sent it off. So, I hope it has or will arrive safe and sound. I THINK I'll have a chance to blog this weekend. Am just about to take the boys to their Aunt's for the weekend - woohoo... it's mostly a weekend of belated spring-cleaning for moi!!! Fun! Hope you enjoy yours. Blessings, Naomi x

bevy said...

I am both a teacher (of fourth graders) and mom to two boys. Yes... every day is exhausting. But it is also rewarding!

Glad to start reading your blog! This South Caroina girl used to go up to Macanac Island in the summer as a little weekend excursion after camp on the shores of Lake Michigan. Beautiful in the summer!

bevy said...

Oops! I meant Makinac! It's been awhile...

Girly Stuff said...

I'm glad you had so much fun!

I'm sure the kids benefitted even more!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh..how much I would love to get back in the classroom....I miss it!

Love your comparison to an old pair of shoes!

sandy toe

Mother Hood said...

When you've got it....YOU'VE got it!