Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Traditions-Christmas Smells...


This potpourri was a little hostess gift given to me a few years ago that I just loved. I simmer it every Christmas. It makes your home smell wonderful.
It also makes a great homemade gift for your neighbors, the mail carrier, teachers, and others this Christmas season.

(***I found this picture on another blog, and forgot where! Please forgive me for not giving credit where I should...Thank you, fellow blogger!***)


Christmas Time Simmer...


zest of 1 orange


2 tablespoons red hot cinnamon candies


1 tablespoon whole cloves


1 teaspoon ground cinnamon


1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg




In a small saucepan, combine ingredients with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil and stir until candies are melted. Reduce heat to simmer. Remember to keep an eye on the potpourri,
and add water as needed.


post signature


(...Who loves Christmas smells~Ummmm! Can you smell it from there?!?)

12 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

I am so glad you posted this because I have been wanting to make this for my house! Yay!
From your comment, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

April said...

Oh, boy...I am definitely going to make some for gifts and keep some for myself! Thanks so much!!!

Kelli said...

I really need to do this. I've seen it around blogs a lot and I'm sure it smells wonderful. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Unknown said...

I can almost smell it as I type. And I LOVE it!

trish said...

What a fabulous mixture of scents! I have been looking for something like this to use in my own home. :o)
Thanks for sharing the recipe with us. You are right, it will make a great gift.
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
Ps. Thank you for the lovely Christmas card! It touched my heart deeply. :o)
You are posted on the fridge with all of our friends and family! :o)

Annette said...

I love Christmas smells !!!! I have got to try this!!!! Do you do alot of baking? If you do come join my blog hop!!!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

This sounds lovely and I think I have everything for it!

Shell in your Pocket said...

I do everything but the candies..NEVER heard of that but may have to try it!!!

Thanks!

Sandy Toe

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Oh don't you just love the smells of Christmas!


Hmmmmm

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Lindsay-ann said...

Oh that must smell sooooooo good. I will have to try that.
Lindsay
x

Sherrie said...

I bet is smells wonderful.

Jen said...

A couple of years ago I received something very similar to this (a teacher gift) minus the red hot candies! I usually simmer it every year! In fact I had a pot on my stove simmering on Thanksgiving! My hubby thought it was so weird! Too bad sometimes they just don't get it!! It smelled so GOOD!!! I am going to have add the red hots next time!