Sunday, December 27, 2009

Coughing, Sneezing, Congestion, Fevers~Oh My!

I Am Sick Of Being Sick~This is the first (ever!) Christmas our whole family was sick. Super-Duper sick!

So here we are on Christmas:



(This picture is definitely one that could blackmail us, but I trust you all to keep this on the down-low. I hope YOU don't get sick looking at this picture-the fevers, coughing can't transmit through a picture, right??!!)

The only one healthy (so far) has been our Aussie guest, Kylie. She has graciously helped out with cooking, and walking the dog, (and even the neighbor's dog).

(This all makes me feel worse! How horrible for her to be around us while we are sick-)

Happy Boy has been coughing up a lung, but still quite happy to play his new Christmas guitar.The boys have free reign to play their new X-Box game (Thank you, Aunt J. and Uncle P.! This has been GREAT for my sanity!) for days on end-I think they will need an intervention after Christmas break, but Tin Man and I are too sick to worry about it right now...


My favorite Christmas gift? (Wearing the Uggs from Kylie for several days now, and they make me feel better, I think!)

This is (what I won on a blog!) and gave it to Tin Man for Christmas:



I know, only my husband would love this kind of gift! And he did-

And Kylie and I have been watching Lifetime Movie Network and laughing at all the ridiculous movies. Seriously Cheesy. Really Bad. Laughable-(I had no idea they were so silly!!! But then again, I am hopped up on NyQuil~) We've been watching Lifetime Movies, and drinking LOTS of tea-Love that part of it!

Kylie said she has never spent so much time in her pajamas-we even went out on Christmas eve to look at Christmas lights in our pajamas...and we got a great shot of Tin Man getting gas:


(Now, THAT is a blackmail picture, for sure!)

There are two (No, three-)things that have made this super-sick Christmas memorable:

1. Kylie here from Australia! What a strange Christmas, but so wonderful, and memorable with her! My boys are in HEAVEN with their Kylie finally here!

2. P.F. Chang's spicy chicken noodle soup-so spicy it opens even the most clogged of nasal passages...and is so delicious! ...and...


3. The Nettie Pot. (I can't believe I am putting that in print, but seriously-the designer of that invention for congestion should be a millionaire. It is amazing. And I will stop there.)


As we continue to heal over the next week, and (hopefully, if we ever get better-) get ready for our annual New Year's Eve party, I wish you the best of health, and a happy New Year...now I am off to Netti~See you in a few.

post signature

(...Who was DARED by Kylie to put that on, about the Netti, and look-there, I did! It must be the NyQuil talking...)

18 comments:

Sherrie said...

I have been under the weather myself and have spent the past two days in my jammies. Time for me to shower and dress. lol Hope you all feel better soon.

Mother Hood said...

I am SO sorry you are sick. We've been battling the end of a 2 week sinus cold. But the worst was over by Christmas.

God bless the inventor of the Netti pot and other sinus rinses! I'm a firm believer in them and also a habitual user when sick.

trish said...

Oh bless your heart. It stinks to be sick. I hope that you will all feel better soon!
What fun your guest has been for you all!
And too funny that she dared you to put the Nettie in print! Ha ha ha!
Night-quill is a life saver! A few weeks ago I had my own regiment of it.
Happy New Year to you and your sweet family! I am thankful for a fun year blogging with you and look forward to another one.
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Lindsay-ann said...

So sorry to hear you are all still sick. Hope you are all better for your New year's Eve party.
Lindsay
x
who has never heard of a netti pot but seriously needs one at the moment!

Angie Acapella said...

Oh my gosh...what a rough way to go. But it sounds like you guys made the most of and enjoyed your Christmas anyway.

bevy said...

One word: Mucinex DM! (maybe that's two words!...)

Feel better!!!

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry that you all have been sick:( My youngest and my mother-in-law were sick over Christmas and it kinda takes the fun out of it, try to rest and drink plenty of fluids. Take Care!

Anonymous said...

You poor chook! Sad to know you and T.Man have been unwell... Did Kylie bring any Eucalyptus Oil with her?!! ;)...(That's a lovely soothing vapour for breathing in, or dabbing on your chest.) I hope you all get better real soon, and that Kylie stays well...

Sorry to hear about Tucker - they become such a big part of the family, our animals, even with their many quirks!

I've enjoyed catching up on your many posts... you put me to shame with all that you write on your blog... my poor little blog is rather neglected....

Oh, and Eli received his mail from Nature Boy - thanks! He likes the footy cards. I'll go get him now to show him the pics of N.B. and his brothers in the snow.

Praying for good health for all of you! Much love, Naomi x

Kristin said...

We are a bunch of sickies over here too. Hope you are all feeling better soon. Merry Christmas my friend.

Dawn said...

so sad you were all so sick! of course, you guys still all look fantastic, so i know you pushed on and put your best feet forward :) i hope everyone is better for the party!

Sandy said...

I, too, am sorry to hear that you all have been sick. I will pray for Kylie to stay well!
Happy New Year!

Miss... Miss... said...

Hi! I'm Janet, Kylie's housemate and thought I'd better check up on her. Good to see she is being treated so well (and typical that she is the fighting fit healthy one!) I'm glad that you've got her sitting around in her pyjamas, I've only seen her do that when she's been sick. Still, you can't stop her getting out and walking the dog. Sounds like you are each spoiling each other. I hope you all feel better soon and make the most of your time together! Love Janet xoxo

Kelli said...

I'm so sorry you are sick and I hope you all feel better soon. We also went to look at lights in our pjs!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

There's lots of sneezing, nose blowing, and coughing here, too.... Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas despite all that! Hope you're better soon.

Moore Minutes said...

Wow, so once again we have something in common. My boys got a guitar for Christmas too! :) And I LOVE LOVE Uggs!

That is terrible you were all sick for the holidays. :( You didn't look sick in your PJ photos. I love that family photo!

Dot O said...

I am so sorry you were all sick. I hope by now you and the rest of the family are much, much better.

I do love the PJ picks - it captures real life. We don't always look like fashion plates now do we?

Happy New Year! May 2010 bring good health for all!

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by..to see if you still blog.. a lot of my list has stopped.. I am not as faithful as I once was but I miss it..

Sorry y0u all have felt so crummy!!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I LOVE the Christmas jammies!!!

Mrs. NB