Sunday, January 29, 2012

~Current Addictions~

I will come clean:
I have a few addictions I have been dealing with.

1. For starters, I bought my husband seasons 1 through 4 of Burn Notice, a television show he just loves for Christmas.

He made me sit and watch the very first one with him. It's a spy show, filled with guns, things blowing up, and intrigue. [So NOT my thing-] However, I have watched seasons 1 and 2 in the last two weeks -even with report cards due (!!!)-...and find myself addicted!

2. I bought a new pair of shoes, that I just love, love, love! As I was trying them on, a couple of teenagers walked behind me (and the table showcasing them-) and said in snotty teen voices to each other, "Ewww! WHO would ever wear those ugly shoes!"

Ummm, me, apparently, and I really love my red, shiny Dansko's! I don't care if teenagers find them most unattractive...they probably just can't afford them, and are trying to make themselves feel better by putting them down.  [Well, that is what I am telling myself, anyway-]

3.  I can't believe I am saying this (because everyone was saying it on Facebook the day after Christmas, and I thought they were all crazy-) but I LOVE my Keurig Coffee Maker. My sister got it for my husband and I for Christmas and I thought it was neat, but I didn't know how much I would come to love it so quickly.

I MUST have coffee everyday, and this is so fast, that I wake up at 6 am and have my hot cup of coffee in my hand by 6:05am. Pure Bliss. I can even make hot water super quick for hot tea, or even oatmeal for the boys too. [Take whatever you want here, but don't TOUCH my Keurig!!!] Kylie sent us a parting gift for staying with us...two giant boxes of K-cups. She sure knows the way to my heart!!! {Thank you, K!}

4.  I am Ruby Red Slippers, and I am addicted to sugar. There. I said it. Happy now? I have sabotaged myself though so I can't O.D. on it. Being at school, everyone brings around birthday treats, and if I ate everything that came to my classroom, it would not be pretty. SO, I pick one of my students every day that gets whatever birthday treats that come into my classroom. The yummy looking brownie? I have a first grader excited that it is her day to eat it. That Rice Krispie I am dying to eat??? Yep-that little boy over there is jumping for joy because it is his day-. So, that keeps me from eating things that I shouldn't want to eat, but am dying to eat... I also started wearing a pedometer every day.

 (Or when I remember to, I mean--)
My students love to ask me (over, and over, and over again!) how many steps I have taken so far all day long. Just working, I take nearly 5,000 steps daily. That, and denying myself the birthday treats that circulate around the school, and my sugar addiction is nearly under control! (Nearly-)

5.  I love Philosophy products. I am still me- I am talking about the bath and beauty products, certainly NOT the 'what is the meaning of life anyway' philosophy, silly!  Over Christmas, I had a few of the holiday scents for the shower, and bath and also lotions that smelled soooo good. This weekend, my mom and I went to the mall and I picked up the Valentine's scent in lotion and bubble bath: Sweet Talk.

Oh, it is so addictively delicious smelling!!!

6. One last new thing I find myself addicted to: Dior Addict Lip Glow. Ironic, isn't it? The word 'addict' is right in the product!!! It is a gloss, and lip conditioner.

 A Michigan winter is hard on the lips: My lips are chapped, from being in and out of the cold. I stumbled upon this while at Nordstroms buying my Philosophy stuff.
(Oh. Fine. I didn't stumble upon it, I overheard the sales associate pitching it to someone else, and I butted into the conversation!)
And I am so glad I did-I LOVE this stuff! Perfect for my chapped winter lips. Call me a major addict of this lip stuff!

Well, that is a long enough list of my addictions, I suppose.
{Any others you recommend I become addicted to???)
post signature
(...who has a few addictions, and always has room for a few more...)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I recently stumbled (hard) into the philosophy products at sephora. Soooo addicted! Love the miracle worker pm pads and their sunscreen is amazing! Also....just became addicted to LOST. Currently ODing on netflix...so good!