Sunday, January 29, 2012

The "Good Life"

This is life, and it is a good, good life.
Two weekends ago, my third grader had a Planet Project due,

and my fifth grader had multiple Civil War things to complete: He had to make Hard Tack
 (a gross Civil War food-which I wouldn't recommend eating for the gross factor, and the barfy boy factor-)

to bring in and share, a battlefield reenactment, and a paper on new weapons used in the Civil War.

And then to add to the busy weekend, two of my three boys awoke in the early morning hours of Saturday throwing up.
Nice.
 At least one of the barfy boys was my five year old without a project due. 

{He was our comedian even while sick: "Mommy, when barf comes out your nose it is called 'puke'.
Did you know that, mommy? I PUKED! It just came out my nose, too!}

So to add to the many projects I now had bedding to wash, and bathrooms to clean up.
"But what about Tin Man?",  you may be thinking. He doesn't seem to do well with throw-up. If he was helping me, I would have had a THIRD barfy boy: Him.

Tin Man was put on 'painting Pluto' duty, instead.

We finished everything, on time, and as good as it was going to get.


And I was reminded that even with barf, multiple {and seemingly torturous-}school projects, and extra laundry when I can barely keep up with the laundry I already have-

This is a good life.  
A really good, good life.

post signature
(...who is appreciative of this life. Thank you, God for even the barfy days-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mom, you deserve an A! (and you totally get to pick out a treat from target! Any aisle you want...not just the dollar section)

April said...

I just love how you love your family...and how they love you! That truly is what LIFE is all about, isn't it? The good, the bad, and the ugly all wrapped up into one amazing adventure!

Annikke said...

It is a good good life isn't it? That's what we do as mommys and daddys! One day they will be all moved out and then what will we fill our time with?? ;-)