Saturday, September 5, 2015

Working Them...

This summer, the boys had a summer project to assist Tin Man with: Stripping and Staining quite a few things at the cottage. 
This was no little project either: It was a loooong hot, summer weekend project. However, Tin Man and I both have a strong work ethic, and this is definitely something we want to pass on to our boys.

Nature Boy's task was to stain the bunkhouse:

Dancing Boy's job was to strip & stain the fire pit seating area:

And Happy Boy helped Tin Man strip and stain the deck:

The boys worked sooo hard! I was so proud of them!

While they worked, I found the coolest metal furniture for the deck at the local antique store for super cheap. It was apparent to me they had potential:

We finished so many things that weekend. I think we all were proud of what we accomplished:




As a thank you for all their hard work, Tin Man took them to get air-soft guns and ammo....so they could shoot each other, and their friends. With protective eye-wear, of course.  (If you are a mother of girls, then you think I am kidding. But I assure you, this is no joke.)


A boy and his fake guns are no laughing matter I have learned.
(Warning: Gratuitous cowboy and fake gun pic to follow:)
Such is the life of a boy mom.

So anywho, back to their developing work ethic-
I think they worked hard, and I was so proud of the completed projects.
post signature
(...who thinks anyone who willingly wants to be shot up by an airsoft gun is just crazy....)

No comments: