This summer, he was determined.He had a plan. His plan was to make a soccer team for his high school.
He spent his mornings at the cottage running to the stop sign and back (4 miles) or biking to town (8 miles). He sometimes did both. And every day, he was playing, swimming, running, moving all day long.
First up was the High School Soccer conditioning camp where the week was spent running the dunes in Traverse City. I sent him away with people I didn't know, and a place I had never been. And he loved it! Every run, out of 50 or so kids, he came in second, or third. Between runs, they practiced soccer. He made friends, and enjoyed every second of that camp.

Next on his list was going to two of his soccer club's week long day camps. (We spent more time down state this summer than I wanted).
The second camp was a goalie camp.
And this happened on day one:

But he was back at camp the next day after his root canal and temporary tooth. (For someone who didn't need braces, this knocked out tooth was not in my game plan!)

The week of goalie camp also was high school tryouts. 75 boys, 3 teams: Varsity, JV, and Freshmen.
After evaluations, he was excited he made the cut: he was accepted on the JV high school soccer team!





So proud of my guy!
(...who is now a high school soccer mom...)







No comments:
Post a Comment