Happiest of New Year's,
although I am a bit late in saying that~
I woke up this morning thinking of a blog post for the day, and realized it has been awhile!
I woke up this morning thinking of a blog post for the day, and realized it has been awhile!
Our dear Kylie, from Australia,
left two weeks ago.
And our family is feeling the hole that she left-
Wait.
I didn't even post anything about her arriving,
or even her visit yet,
and I am already telling you she went home!
Awful, I know,
but it was so busy with her here,
and Christmas,
and everything.
The thing I could neglect for awhile was the blog--
and obviously,
I did.
But I will post all about her trip here to the United States soon-
it was pretty wonderful.
That, and I promised her I would post every little morsel about it!
But before I do,
I thought I would kick off the New Year
(or more specifically: the month after the New Year-)
with my resolutions.
(or more specifically: the month after the New Year-)
with my resolutions.
I actually only recently made a few.
Kylie asked me if I was going to make one this year,
and on New Years, I responded, "Nope. I don't stick to them, so why bother."
I had a change of heart, though.
They don't involve losing weight--
(~that is always a frustration,
and a New Year's Resolution,
just makes it more of one-)
Instead, I decided to make two resolutions.
One is a little more 'do-able',
One is a little more 'do-able',
and one is just for fun.
Resolution Number One:
I plan to read through the New Testament this year.
Which should be easy; it is much shorter than the Old Testament.
I may even read it a few times through-
To be honest, I have tried to read though the entire Bible in a year, but I seem to get stuck somewhere in the Old Testament, and never seem to make it to the New, unless I am reading a few specific verses at a time.
So I have already started,
and I started in First Corinthians.
(I have read the Gospels, Acts, and Romans before many times, but I have never read Paul's Epistles all the way through-a good place to begin, I think-.)
This is the verse that I have been thinking about as I have started reading so far:
1st Corinthians 4: 12-13a:
"We work hard with our own hands.
When we are cursed,
we bless;
when we are persecuted,
we endure it;
when we are slandered,
we answer kindly."
I like when something jumps out at me that I have never seen before, and that was it. Now, to put this in to practice~
I like when something jumps out at me that I have never seen before, and that was it. Now, to put this in to practice~
My next resolution is a bit more "fluffier"-
Instead of blogging over Christmas break,
I spent time with Kylie and my family,
AND, I cleaned my closet.
I donated a bunch of stuff-
and organized everything by color.
Pants, shoes
shirts, dresses, sweaters, handbags! -everything.
So now I can actually find something in my closet to wear to work.
I even found great jeans I bought last year that needed to be hemmed,
and took them in and had them tailored.
My resolution is to wear something different everyday to work.
I usually have a few favorites that I keep wearing,
over, and over, and over...
when I have tons of things to choose from but couldn't find jammed in my messy closet!
So, my Second New Year Resolution is:
To wear something different every day.
To wear something different every day.
Fluffy resolution,
I know.
But it is 'do-able', too.
And so, those are my goals this year...
Those,
and to lose weight, of course...
Happiest of New Year's~
to my audience of one, I suppose,
after such a long blog break!
Those,
and to lose weight, of course...
Happiest of New Year's~
to my audience of one, I suppose,
after such a long blog break!
(...who needed a blog break, but when I woke up this morning talking to myself inside my head again, realized my blog break was officially over...)






5 comments:
Great intentions for the new year, dear friend!:) Lori
Great respolutions. I like the "do-able" part. I have been thinking of cleaning my closet for a couple of weeks. Thanks for another rung on the getting there ladder! :o)
Oh, and I guess you have two readers.
Great resolutions!
So happy to see an update from you! You have been sorely missed! I have no reason to believe that you won't accomplish each and every goal you've set out for yourself! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
we are still here cant wait to hear about her visit!
Post a Comment