Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Traditions: How We Welcomed Our Christmas Guest

Oh. My. Goodness!
Christmas is just a few days away, and we are having too much fun with our Christmas guest. We wanted her to feel like part of the family, so I have been putting her to work!
First, I had her make a gingerbread house with my boys while I went to the hair salon:
{Did you notice her Aussie touch? She brought chocolate koala's to add the perfect roofing for the house!}
I came home with a new hair color, and she did the dirty work of putting together a gingerbread house with three boys. THREE...Enough said on that~
Then, I made her take my dog for a walk in the snow:
Just because she came from sunny, hundred degree weather was NOT a free pass!
{Actually she offered, and who was I to say 'no' to someone walking my dog in the freezing, cold, wet snow?}
Third, she supervised hockey in the driveway:


Then, I forced her to take a walk with us to get milk at the nearest store :
{...and I still insisted she hold Lucy's leash again~}


She EVEN kept the boys~ supervised their dinner, watched the Muppet Christmas movie, and put all three to bed so Tin Man and I could go out on a date. (!!!) {-And just so you know: We went to see The Blind Side with Sandra Bullock-It was FANTASTIC. Go see that movie as soon as you can-it was one we both loved.}

Oh, and you don't think I would really make someone do all these things for me, do you?
I really would never!
Our Aussie guest has so willingly offered -and at some moments, begged- to do every activity listed. She even insisted on the walk in the snow to the store-and bought the boys each a stuffed reindeer that they all adore. Happy Boy got 'Rudolph' and has been singing:
"Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer. Had a very shiny nose. And if you ever saw him, you would even think it 'BLOWS'."
We keep telling him it is 'glows', but he is not convinced.

post signature


{...Who is spoiled!!! ~We ALL are totally spoiled with our Kylie here!~ How can I bear it when she leaves?!}

9 comments:

Kelli said...

Everyone should have a Kylie. How sweet is she! I'm so happy you're having a great time and are welcoming such a wonderful friend.

trish said...

What a wonderful time you all are having. Talk about making memories! :o)
Oh I have to tell you a giant thanks! I watched Elf (like you said-smile) and laughed so hard! We will buy it!! That is a keeper! Thanks for the suggestion.
Also, my daughter went with a friend to see The Blind Side and loved it. She came home and said, "Mom, you HAVE to see this movie-you will cry!" :o)
Have a great day!
Love,
Trish

Girly Stuff said...

She should definitely stay and do a US Tour...next stop Houston!

duchess said...

Would she like to visit South Carolina while in the States?
We have a dog & only two kids.;)
Glad you're enjoying your visit.

Heather said...

Love these pictures!! how sweet is your Kylie?! Love it!!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I am loving Kylie! Such a wonderful time you all are having--don't think about her leaving that will be a sad post.
Enjoy your time!

Lindsay-ann said...

Kylie sounds like the perfect guest. It's great that she is spending time with the boys and she really looks to be enjoying every minute. So when will you be revealing your new hair color?
The gingerbread house looks wonderful. I was really excited to see those chocolate koala bears. I think (hope) that some are coming our way tomorrow! Kevin usually brings some of those and some macadamia nuts.
Lindsay
x

Mother Hood said...

Sounds like a TON of fun for everyone! You couldn't pay me to walk a dog in the snow and I too come from a sunny place!

Anonymous said...

First off I have to say you are a fantastic writer, I really enjoy reading your blog! Next, I am so glad you are having a such a nice visit with you friend. Third, I am glad you liked the Blind Side, we LOVED it too! And last but not least, I am so sorry about your cat, I know how attached we get to our pets. Merry Christmas! Sue