Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Traditions: Why I May Make The School's Naughty List This Year~

Here is a Christmas Tradition we do every year, and the kids LOVE it.

{Why wouldn't they?! They skip school to do it~}


We learned the hard way a few years back-Go early in the day to visit Santa. {Yes, I am saying my kids missed the morning of school to do this- and I say it is okay-I am a teaching professional, you know!}

If you end up waiting in the long line late in the day, Santa leaves to go "feed his reindeer" or your kids are crying from boredom, or someone has to go to the bathroom right as you get near the front (!!) and still- you wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait...you get the picture I am showing you. Or, you have been there yourself...

So a few years back, this became our game plan. {Sorry teachers! This is the reason we didn't get there yesterday until one in the afternoon~}

Right after Thanksgiving break, as early in the Christmas season as we can, we sleep in, and THEN head to Santa for our annual Santa picture.

Yesterday was our day to meet with Santa:
We were second in line when the line opened. Easy-Peasy. Then out to lunch. {Why not make this an event, is our motto~}

Then among the many whines, and complaints we dropped them off to school to finish the day.

And before they arrive home, our newest Santa Picture is up and on display with the others through the years:

post signature

(...Who loves our Santa Picture Tradition! ...Even though it means I still have a zillion loads of laundry to do, and dishes to wash, and bills to pay, and Christmas cards to address, and....)

15 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

How sweet! I think you are good to get them there at 1pm...I would of skipped the whole day!

sandy toe

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, I LOVE it! And it is a tradition that they will always remember, and one no doubt that they will continue someday with their own children! Sometimes a sanity break from school is a very good thing! Way to go mom!

Leah said...

Aww what a sweet thing to do. Fortunately around here we have figured out exactly when to hit the mall for our Santa picture. Thursday nights are a good thing around here.

April said...

You're making some of the best memories ever! Isn't it neat to look at those pictures and see how your boys have changed over the years?

trish said...

I would not trade a tradition like that for anything. And how special of a day to miss school, meet with Santa and out to lunch. :o) Your sons will cherish those memories as well! :o)
Your blog looks so cute! Very festive. I am still trying to figure out what I want for my background so it is a little plain jane - ish. :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

mysteryhistorymom said...

Good for you! I LOVE this tradition! Oh my goodness, it still looks like Thanksgiving here! Need. To. Get. Motivated. but first I am seeing New Moon (2nd time) with some friends today.:) Lori

LOVE your new header! Gorgeous family photo, Sweets!

Mrs Montoya said...

Oh, I love this a lot. A LOT! Such a great idea and a sweet tradition with your boys. Thank you for sharing. And I LOVE your festive new background. Cute!

Michelle said...

What a wonderful memory for your sons!

Angie Acapella said...

This is very good information to know...not necessarily how to get on the school's naughty list, but about the lines to visit Santa. I say keep them home. All teachers know that December is a hit and miss kind of month anyway with illnesses, vacations, weather, etc. I'm sure they didn't miss much.

Karen and Gerard said...

Nice tradition--no wonder your kids love it! Pretty cool to display all the Santa pictures from each year--don't your kids notice the Santas look different every year though?

That Browns-Lions game was crazy! Wish we cold play the Lions again. It seems the Browns always find new ways to lose!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Ahhh, very clever plan! I love it!

XOXOX
Jen

Lindsay-ann said...

That's such a great idea. glad you enjoy this special tradition with your boys. Love the beautiful pictures.
Lindsay
x

Mother Hood said...

Cool! That's a pretty authentic looking Santa too!

Moore Minutes said...

That Santa pic with your boys turned out ADORABLE!! Wow, you have some cuties. ;)

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I love that you have all of the pictures on the mantel. A little Christmas History of your family!

Mrs. NB