Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Traditions~Let's Get December Started!

Finally! December is here (or at least one day away-), the Autumn decor is put away, and the house was deep cleaned by the entire family. I seriously debated on taking pictures of everyone cleaning, but I really was too busy.

Oh, but I did take one:


{I love a man who can-and will!- vacuum!}

Then we spent the rest of the weekend decorating the house for Christmas......and making so many messes-like writing on the wall (thank you very much, Happy Boy~), and getting candle wax on my front room ottoman (...this one is all me unfortunately~)...but I will tell you more about the decor on another day.

Instead, I am going to show you the first {of many} Christmas Traditions that our family does in the month of December.


Christmas Pajamas:

I spent "Black Friday" (after sleeping in-nothing short of sick kids will get me up at the crack of dawn~) shopping for my boy's Christmas Pajamas. And I found the perfect PJ's fifty percent off. (!!!) {Now, that is my kind of shopping!}

The PJ's have been a hit so far-the boys have decorated in them, and have slept in them since Saturday. Then they even wore the shirts out to cut down a Christmas tree {They insisted on wearing them...} And as you see, they were forced to "pose" for a picture by our front room Christmas tree:

Is this one of your Christmas Traditions? Do tell!

post signature

(...who loves the Traditions of Christmas! Let December begin!)


14 comments:

Julie said...

that is really fun, I like that tradition! I got $3 jammies at walmart for the kids, but they aren't christmas ones, just character ones...but they don't want to take them off

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I love this tradition. I remember your pics from last year and this year I bought their Christmas pj's in October. I will post pictures they are adorable!
I am looking forward to hearing your other traditions. I think I am gonna do the Elf this year!!

Dawn said...

oh i love christmas pajamas! and i am thrilled that i have matching ones for my kiddos this year! not an easy feat for a 12 yoboy& a 15 yogirl! but thanks to target and nick & nora, this yer they will match :)0h so nice of them to indulge me, too!

other traditions? really celebrating advent... and making gingerbread houses with gramma :)

ps... love you cartooned!

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie Acapella said...

My mother also got the $3 jammies at Walmart on black Friday. I was in there yesterday and saw the same ones for $9. One of the sets she bought is of "Dora the Explorer" that are Christmasy, so those will have to suffice this year. Do you and your husband do Christmas PJs every year?

This is a great tradition that we may just have to continue ourselves.

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

We all get new Christmas pjs every year. We wear them for the first time on Christmas Eve. Let me tell you though, some years it has been really hard finding pjs I like. Hopefully this year it won't be. Your boys are too cute!

Annikke said...

It is because of reading this tradition on your blog last year that I decided to try to do that as a tradition too. I haven't found any yet for the kiddos... but hopefully today while I am out!

April said...

How cute...I want some pj's just like them! I absolutely love your new blog design! Christmas is a'comin'! :)

Lindsay-ann said...

I loved hearing about your pj's tradtition. Your boys look great in the 2009 picture. My husband always gets new pj's for Christmas too but they are just boring and not festive!
Looking forward to seeing your decorations.
Lindsay
x

Shell in your Pocket said...

We do Christmas PJ's too but they don't get them till Christmas Eve! I had a harder time finding ones for my son this year...size 12...is hard!

Love the picture...such cute boys!

sandy toe

Kristin said...

I love everything christmas. Letas get the season started! Great pics. Love those jammies.
I got my mail today. THANK YOU!!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

LOVE the new Christmas look! The jammies are adorable!

We do the whole birthday cake for Jesus... singing included... on Christmas Eve. All of my kids love it and look forward to it every year.

Mrs. NB

Diana Ferguson said...

Too cute there!!!

Girly Stuff said...

They get PJ's Christmas Eve and we wear them all the way to Easter!

Your day of Santa looks fun...why bother going to school at all? That's what I say!