Monday, November 23, 2009

How To Get Ready For Thanksgiving. With Kids, and Cats.

With three little boys, getting ready to host Thanksgiving does not begin the day before.
It takes planning, picking up, and...You know what? Why don't I just show you??
*********
Step One: Remove all homework, papers, and drawings from the table.
Yes. The Dining Room also doubles as Homework Central. Except at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Next, don't forget to look down.
At the carpet, that is. Vacuum, and pick up all the stray garbage and papers carelessly left there.
Step Three: Do not neglect checking the window sills.
That is prime Lego Space Ship Docking Spot.

Now you can remove the protective cover off the table. It IS nice to look at the real table top at least twice a year. The kids will be doing homework at the Kitchen table for a week...or so. That table is a wreck already...


Print out the menu and place it so pretty on the counter where the food will be. Make sure to set it there at least a week ahead. Just so you know, that cute menu also doubles as your reminder card... {REMEMBER TO BUY ALL THIS STUFF!}


Step Whatever: Add a cute tag {that I made on my computer!} to the settings which asks the question,
"What are YOU thankful for?"
This will be the main topic of conversation with the relatives. That, and how bad did the Lions lose on National T.V. {again} on Thanksgiving.

Final Step: Set up the centerpiece.
KEEP THE CAT LOCKED UP UNTIL THIS IS DISMANTLED. REMEMBER HE THINKS THAT THE WHEAT CENTERPIECE IS A CAT TREAT...and since he is not the most graceful of cats, he could break everything on that table in one jump.
*Put all kids on high alert for that nosy cat.*

Ready!
I am ready, everyone!
I still have a few days, don't I?
Well, it is something to look at for a few more days.
~And keep the homework away from.
~And the Legos out of.
~And the cat far, far, away from...

Happy Thanksgiving!
See you soon...

post signature

(...who wishes you many Blessings this Thanksgiving!)

13 comments:

Keelie said...

Have a wonderful celebration... The table looks great!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Very pretty! I love the menu...my family eats so fast...they don't even know sometimes what they ate.

Enjoy your holiday!
sandy toe

Moore Minutes said...

Oh, your table is gorgeous!! Every part is just beautiful. And I can completely relate to all you said! ;)

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Your table looks great! I haven't taken the protective pad off my table yet--I'll be doing good to get it off before we eat Thursday! I have started cooking, though! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Kristin said...

What a beautiful table. Hope it stays cat free til Thurs.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Ack - I have so much stuff to do.I'm starting to hyperventilate. Can I come to your house instead - lol.

I AM going to focus and get all of this stuff done tomorrow.

Your table and centerpiece are beautiful. And I love that menu!

XOXO
jen

Lindsay-ann said...

Oh WOW you have set your table already. I am so impressed, it looks amazing. I hope you manage to keep the cat out until Thursday!
Sending you my very best wishes for Thanksgiving. Hope you enjoy this special time with your lovely family.
Lindsay
x

Anonymous said...

It is so beautiful! You recovered well!

Carri said...

What a pretty and festive looking table. I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Boy, am I glad that I'm going away. We're going to my Mom's mountain getaway. But Christmas will be at our home. So, I'll be doing all that prep soon enough! Your tablescape is just lovely!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my SITS post...that meant a lot to me!

sandy toe

Mother Hood said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING RUBY RED SLIPPERS!

Your new profile picture/character is AWESOME. Who did it and how much did it cost? I want one!

Controlling My Chaos said...

I love the idea of a menu printed up pretty like that. I'm totally using that idea next year.