{NOT!}A few weekends ago, I found myself VERY HUNGRY.
It was a crisp, fall weekend here, and I loved having the chance to turn on the fireplace, cuddle up under a warm blanket and read a great book.
I had picked out a great book to read for the weekend: The Blue Bistro by Elin Hilderbrand:
Have you read that book? It is such an engrossing read about the restaurant business! I went to the library and got three books by Elin Hilderbrand after reading Summer Affair. Blue Bistro made me starving! I spent all weekend dreaming of gourmet meals, and luscious desserts, and champagne-pink champagne.
I finished the book by late Sunday night, and went to bed still dreaming of beautiful restaurants, and fantastic food.
That is until around three in the morning...
When my youngest woke up vomiting:
All over the bed, himself, the wall-and yes, Kristin, the carpet I JUST had cleaned.
So if you are hungry for a good book, (~not so much after my vomit story? Sorry!), you need to get Blue Bistro...What a great book that shows what it would be like to be part of a unique dining experience on Nantucket, and what the restaurant business is like behind the scenes. And also thrown in Blue Bistro is also a very interesting love story...It was so sweet! (...and I LOVE a good love story!)
Dinner? Not ready over here...I'm not so hungry today...

(...Who lost her appetite at three in the morning...)
P.S:
Would you all keep my littlest one in your prayers? Aside from the throwing up a week ago, he drank from a juice box that was not his...but rather belonged to a friend's baby who might have H1N1, and (this baby) is now hospitalized ...
Pray for them both-For the tiny one to be healed, and the high fever to come down.
That God protects my little one from the flu. He has severe food allergies, and has a compromised immune system to begin with....
Thanks
R.R.S.



12 comments:
I will say a prayer that your little one is going to avoid the flu and your friends little one is going to be fine.
Poor little guy (and the clean carpet). I hope he feels better and escapes the H1N1 scare. Thanks for the book recommendation. I still need to read Something Blue.
Done. And will keep on praying, Sweets... The book sounds amazing! I loved Something Borrowed!:) You take care, too... Lori
this post is jam packed!!
but first and formost... i am praying for your little man :) i hope this 3am epsiode was just a passing blip... and that he woke up smiling... or at least will be soon.
as for the book... i am hungry just thinking about it! hpoe my library has it!
Aww...so sorry to hear about your little one. There is nothing worse than when you're child is sick and there's really nothing you can do for them to make them better. Prayers are headed his way and for the baby who is in the hospital. H1N1 is a scary thing. The book sounds like something I would really enjoy!
Sounds like the perfect evening by the fire!
I will pray for both the little ones!
Oh I hope your little one doesn't get too sick. :(
and this book sounds fascinating! What a unique book topic.
Love your blog! I will say prayers for him, and the little one that is hospitalized.
Oh, I will pray for your sweet baby.
I loved the book Summer Affair--I will have to go get more of her books too!
Thanks for the Elf idea, I have seen that book but wasn't sure if I wanted to do it this year or wait, mmmm!!
Praying for both of them!
Man, do I HATE vomit in the middle of the night!
Mrs. Nurse Boy
I will definitely say a prayer for your little one, that he feels much better soon! And the book looks wonderful~ it sounds like a fantastic read that I must borrow from the library immediately! (Or when it is my turn on the waiting list!)
I hope you and your son both have a much better night's sleep tonight! :)
I think Kaish had that flu. He was SO so SICK! I mean ridiculously sick. And I called the pediatrician to bring him in and they said, "Don't bring him into the office. Just give him liquids and rest. There is nothing we can do if he has the flu." And I said, "What if it is H1N1?" and they said "Call us back if his temperature goes over 103." Kid you not. CRAZINESS!
Post a Comment