
Last weekend was my weekend away with my GIRLfriends:

We stopped at the Cheese Shop and asked a hunter with his hunting dog in the back of his rusty pickup to take our picture:
We had dinner at the Country Club. The Owner, Matthew, sang Happy Birthday to me while blowing bubbles and my sneaky friends brought cupcakes from our favorite bakery back home:


And walked back toward the cottage in the crisp Autumn air:

We hit some good, old-fashioned craft fairs and listened to a very serious man discuss how he routers wood to make a solar light thingy with plastic toys glued to them.
(On the way back to the cottage, I got a 'one finger salute' for driving too slow because I was worried I would hit a deer in the dark. Now THAT was an unexpected birthday gift!)
After a night of talking, laughing, and watching girly movies, we woke up slowly and walked on the beach:
And walked back toward the cottage in the crisp Autumn air:
We hit some good, old-fashioned craft fairs and listened to a very serious man discuss how he routers wood to make a solar light thingy with plastic toys glued to them.
Then we headed even more North:
We fit in a tasting at the winery before our amazing dinner at the locally ranked Italian restaurant which was worth the hour or so drive:

After a second night of laughing, talking, and watching more girly movies, we made ourselves head for home.

My life may not be as exciting as "Sex in the City", but as my girlfriends and I decided, we LIKE being "Married in Michigan"!
It was hard to come home after a weekend of girlish fun.
But Look what I came home to:
My family.
Waiting for me.
For my birthday:
THAT is what makes my life meaningful!!!
My life may not be as exciting as "Sex in the City", but as my girlfriends and I decided, we LIKE being "Married in Michigan"!

(... who would like to thank everyone for last week's birthday wishes!)



18 comments:
Looks like a wonderful weekend...those are the best! You are very blessed to have your family around you to celebrate those special days in life...so very blessed...you just have no idea~
sandy toe
Describe to me slowly and in detail exactly what it feels like to sleep in.
Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures from your great birthday weekend. It sounds like you had the perfect time with your girl friends and then your family at home. Loved the picture from the beach and your walk. Your cottage is in such a pretty place.
Are you going to be sharing how to make the solar light thingy?!!!!!! Sounds like something my daughter would make at school. She can't wait to drop electronics, she is no good at soldering!
Have a great weekend.
Lindsay
x
Awesome!! You are surrounded with so much love - what a great feeling!
looks like you had a great time!!!! So glad you had a nice birthday.
I am writhing with envy...what fun you girls must have had! Nothing like an "estrogen" getaway, huh? So glad you had an amazing time!
Today is my birthday, so I think next year you should invite me up there! ;0)
Sounds like a wonderful weekend!
Mrs. Nurse Boy
Happy Birthday! Looks like so much fun!
Looks like you girls had a great weekend and what a wonderful surprise waiting for you at home!
Take Care
Such a wonderful birthday!
what a great birthday gift... so great to be with friends all weekend and then come home to family that just loves you!
Love that post! Looks like you had a terrific weekend with your friends.
I am so honored to have shared that special weekend with you!!! Walks on the beach, good food, and tons of laughter, those are the moments that take my breath away!! Can't wait to do it again!!!!
God Bless!!!
I am glad that you had such a fun birthday with your friends and then with your family.
I know your life is very meaningful.
Why the stress this weekend?
Thank you for your very encouraging comments to me!
I hope you have a great week!
cheese and wine and free time... oh my! and a party to top it all off? beautiful :) i think you have it right... married in (wherever) is where the life is at!
I am glad you had a fantastic time!
I would watch "Married in Michigan" anytime!
What a delightful getaway! I would love to do something just like this. :) I enjoyed this post.
What a fun time you all had! What great birthday memories you will have tucked away in your heart. :o)
"Married in Michigan" - too cute! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
Post a Comment