Sunday, November 1, 2009

Please Bear With Me Today~

I will get to my point soon. First~ Last night was so much fun! Tin Man and I LOVE a housefull of friends-so Halloween last night was no different. My parents, our best friends & neighbors, and our other good friends all were over for dinner, Trick or Treating, and watching football (Go Longhorns!) and looking through (and of course, eating!) the candy stash.
Take a look at our Halloween fun, and THEN you will find out why you must bear with me today....Tin Man are off on our "DATE":
(My two oldest are not angry, just trying to act "cool" like their NASCAR heros:)
(The anual gang of kids getting ready for some fun:)

(The Longhorn Fans in Michigan:)
O.K.

NOW on to the issue of the day....



Please bear with me.

I am a Lion's "fan".

I don't know if you can call us "fans"-it is more like this is our home state and you just deal with this already.

This is how a "Fan" starts every year with the Lions:

Hopeful

which turns to Disappointed.

Excited

which turns to Dashed.

Promise

which turns into Dead-Ends.

Every year.


My husband read the following letter to the Detroit Newpaper a while back in early October.


He read it aloud to me, and said, "Isn't this the truth?"


I agreed:

"1-15 is going to be sweet. But at least we look better losing. At least we are making an effort to win. At least there is promise. - - same story.


Wake up, we suck and we know it. The Lions have sucked all my life. I actually think they are one of many reasons my family and I get along so much. We bond behind their sucking. We laugh, we point, and we give players crazy nicknames like Joey Suckington.


They are a lost cause, but they are our lost cause. Old timer Met's fans rallied behind their terrible team and I guess so do we. We never will be a good football team and that's cool. Also, have you noticed how the team is starting to get that glazed over look again? Just like the 50 years prior.


What a bunch of turds."

You must be wondering why I am talking about our Lost Cause {again}, also known as the Detroit Lions...

Because I am going to the game today.

And still, I will paint my face.

They do stink.

But~They are still my stinky team.

Go LIONS...

post signature

(...Who will always be a LIONS fan~win, or most likely-lose...)

6 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

LOVE the pictures! Looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Hope you have a great time at the game!

Mrs. NB

Always a Southern Girl said...

Looks like you had a great time last night!! Have fun at today's Lions game. I guess we are sort of in the same boat. I am a New Orleans Saints fan, (they have never been to the Super Bowl) and a Chicago Cubs fan (haven't been to the World Series in 100 years) So I feel your pain :-) Keep Believing and as along as there is hope.........

Mommy Mac said...

Loyalty is the best quality to have you know.

It will pay off.

ONE DAY.

mAyBe.

just maybe.

It's still a good thing even if it doesn't pay off. :)

.mac :)

p.s. Loved the boys' costumes! We are die hard NASCAR fans in this house!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Love the pictures...you all look great!

Unknown said...

: ) What a fun night. It was raining here. Pouring. Craziness ensued!

Dawn said...

love your boys in their nascar finery (my son, like yours is rooting for #88... can you believe he was leading sunday then blew it?) and i love your faithfulness for your team... you are one dedicated lady! and they are lucky to have you!