
Well~
We have the BEST neighbors in the entire world-at home AND at our cottage.
Right before Thanksgiving, we met up with our cottage neighbors for a fun-filled weekend.
We all come from different home towns around Michigan, and even different walks of life, but all have cottages on this same street in Northern Michigan. That is our common bond. We have developed a friendship over the years with our neighbors. We even gave our street a nickname: The Beach Club...
We usually start the summer season with a "Kick-Off" Memorial Weekend pot luck at one of the cottages. The entire street brings a dish to pass, and we swap stories of the previous winter. Then we spend our summer weekends hanging out at the Lake together sharing snacks, kayaks, floaties, and laughs. And on occasional evenings, when we see a campfire glowing near by, we slowly gather as the darkness settles and find the circle of friends that is building around whoever's fire is going. As the cars pull out around Labor Day heading for home, I know I am not the only one fighting tears in my eyes.
This Fall~Wing Ding 2009:
A few of the families of the Beach Club got together the weekend before Thanksgiving for our "Second Annual Wing-Ding Weekend".
On Saturday morning, We caravaned with our friends to the local craft fair, and then headed out to "GEO CACH" in the woods: ...Which we decided might not be so safe because it was also opening gun season and most hunters were out looking for a deer. ~And we wouldn't want them to see Mr. W and get confused :
We did end up finding one location that was near a cemetery...and so we did get out (and feel safe enough) to find the hidden treasure:
That evening, the guys fried up some chicken wings (so perfectly, I should add!), ...and mushrooms (my mouth is still watering for those!) in the crisp Autumnal air while the other ladies and myself made a few appetizers and chatted.
My hubby was crowned "Saucy D" because he is the one who made six (six!) different hot wing sauces (-including HOT, creamy, Asian, Honey, and more-).
The bigger kids played Wii,
and my youngest and one of the neighbor's little one laughed and played.
(They were so funny-making each other laugh and giggle!)
Then we sat (in the little over thirty degree weather!) by a toasty bonfire talking while all our kids sleepily watched a movie.
Now do you see why I love my neighbors???
It was THE BEST Weekend.
{I *HEART* my cottage neighbors!}
This camaraderie among us all is what makes our summers (and Autumns) so special.
XOXO

(...who loved her second annual Wing-Ding Weekend with Great Friends and Neighbors~)



14 comments:
Loved this post! Sniffle (and that's not just from the hot sauce!)
How fun! Looks like you all have fun together.
I saw your comment on your mom getting a cast iron pot...I got one too...I made beef stew and it was wonderful! You should get one!
I love your picture icon person...it looks like you...how did you do that?
Have a great day!
sandy toe
Hi just found your site. I've got three boys also, plus a husband so 4 boys. I love the Wing Ding idea! That is really kind of a fun thing to do after Thanksgiving, I think I am copying you tonight! Did your husband make those sauces on his own? Happy Thanksgiving/Wing Day!
It is so neat that you have the cottage, that you do this with your neighbors, and
I like your new blog background!
It looks like so much fun is had with your friends! I love times like that. Thank you for sharing!
It sounds like a lot of fun. It's nice to have something like that to look forward to as well.
What a fun time! I would love to have neighbors to pal around with like that! Think of all the memories your children will have. :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
I wish I had neighbors like that. Looks like you had a great time!
Looks like tons of fun. It must be nice not only having your summer cottage but also having great friends near by when you are there.
Your Wing Ding 2009 looks amazing. It's great you have such lovely friends to enjoy your cottage with. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I felt like I was right there with you. The chicken looked so delicious. Now you can look forward to Wing Ding 2010 and continuing your fun times.
Lindsay
x
What a great post! I love the photos (can I steal some?). I concur, best Up North neighbors EVER. We are so blessed to have you all in our lives!
i love how you did your photos too and that looks like a fun time with yummy food
First of all thank you for my books, I can't wait to read them! I love the new Christmas look at LTBOM!!! And finally we feel the same way about our neighbors at the lake, what a great tradition to get together in the fall. Have a great week!!
Post a Comment