Monday, December 21, 2009

I HOPE This Becomes a Christmas Tradition...


I really don't mean to hurt your feelings by this post, but I need to share with you what I hope becomes a Christmas Tradition over in my neck of the world...

I have the best six year old in the entire world.

I do, I really do~

Isn't he a cutie in his homemade spectacles-with attached mustache-? He is creative, and happy.
He is funny, and soooo sweet.
We seriously call him our 'sunshine on a cloudy day'. He is that kind of a kid.
So when you see that little guy cry~ It is startling, it is petrifying, it is mind-boggling-because he is usually so happy.

I found him in his room one day quietly crying~


"Oh, Honey! What is wrong???"

"I was looking through all my toys, and I couldn't find one I think you would want me to give you for Christmas!"

"Sweetie, you don't need to give me anything! I love you, and having you is a gift. It really is!"

"But I wanted to give you something special for Christmas this year!"

"Really, I don't need anything-I am perfectly happy, honey!"

"...and I don't have any money either!" {Still Crying}

"That's fine! Really! Wipe those tears, and make me a picture-that will be a perfect gift. I would love for you to make me a picture..."

"...But I really want to get you something. You don't want my toys, but would you like a candle? You really like candles!"

"I really don't need anything, really-"

"What if you could take me to the candle store, and I could pick out one for you? Can I, please??!!"


So a few days later, we headed to the mall.

Just me and my little Dancing Boy.

He held my hand as we walked to the Yankee Candle Shop. He happily skipped and bounced as he walked.

When we got in the store, he told me to find a lady who could help him, and instructed me to wait right outside the door so I couldn't peek.

I introduced him to a sales clerk who helped him sniff every candle until he found the one he wanted to buy for me.

...Or rather, the one I would pay for, for myself from him...

Then, when he found the perfect one, he had the lady box it up, and called me in to pay.

My very first gift from one of my sons that he picked out by himself...

post signature

(...Who really didn't peak. I will have a special surprise waiting for me this Christmas from my super-sweet Dancing Boy...)

10 comments:

Kirsty said...

Cutest.Thing.Ever. Adorable!

bevy said...

Boys can be the sweetest things ever to their mamas!

Dawn said...

dontcha feel bad for all the mama's out there without sons?

i love this. i really do. just goes to show what you have taught him about the blessings of giving... and i cannot wait for you to share the gift... but please... can you ask the tin man to take a picture of his face while you are opening it?

i hope it becomes a tradition for you, too...

Sherrie said...

That is so sweet! Boys love their mamas. I speak from experience. ;)

April said...

That little boy of yours has a HEART OF GOLD!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

Sniff, sniff--I swear that is just the best thing ever. I love your little Dancin' boy and his heart, oh so sweet!!
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie pie!! Love that, thanks for sharing! Sue

Shannon said...

That is one of the sweetest things I've heard!

trish said...

Oh wow...that is so sweet. I don't think I would burn the candle too much, just to savor the moment. :o)

Girly Stuff said...

That is awesome! Good for Happy Boy!