Sunday, March 7, 2010

Roller Skating Queen...NOT!

Where I spent my Saturday Afternoon:
We went rollerskating with our three boys yesterday.
{And our best friends and their kids-}
NONE of the six kids can skate.
{Well, one of ours, and one of theirs does now-}
My arms are sore from holding two of my littlest ones up to protect them from self-inflicted closed-head injuries.
But we had fun-So. Much. FUN.
Yes, the pictures are blury-they are from my not-so-high-tech-phone:
{And Yes, this is really a post for my boys.}
I can't imagine who else would still find rollerskating "cool" in the year 2010.
I remember it was "The Thing" in 1985, though~
Imagine me in my ice blue eye shadow, with my Jordache jeans, listening to "Eye of the Tiger" and rollerskating in my basement with my sister while mom was ironing...
Ahhh~The good, old days....
But we really did have so much fun yesterday with our best friends, and all of our kids.
{Indulge me while I show you the blury pictures.}
My two older boys seriously improved as they skated another lap around while listening to the modern hits of today...
Nature Boy: Determined.
Dancing Boy: Improving, but likes holding an adult hand~
Happy Boy: Fearless! Terrible! Should have a helmet!
And~
Who knew this "roller skating in 1985 gal" would still love it today?
{...Or at least until my arm muscles started hurting last night from holding my boys up to protect them from themselves!}

post signature
(...Who was a roller skating NUT in another lifetime!)

9 comments:

Kristin said...

You are a brave brave woman. I wouldn't even attempt that...yet.

Dawn said...

and i was sporting the blue eye shadow last night... and rockin' to the 80s. sans skates though. now i'm wishing we had my hubby's 40th at the sakting rink! that would've been been great!

looks (&sounds!) like it was a great time. and with no ER visit, i would say, success!!

RaD said...

We love going skating too, it's just a long drive to get to the nearest skating rink. My kids try their best, one determined to stay up and goes as slow as a snail, and one who thinks she can do it and goes as fast a possible and falls down (and repeats these steps the rest of the time we are there) and I should probably make her wear a helmet too.

I love how at the end of every post you have your signature and then a little something more to say about yourself. So creative!

jules said...

I used to absolutely love rollerskating. I would do it today if we had a rink anywhere close by. I didn't think they even had any open anymore.

bevy said...

Did you have your comb in your back pocket to sweep through your feathered hair as you raced around the rink BACKWARDS???

Mommy Mac said...

Hot pink pom-poms with glittery white skates...

Couples skate...

Awww, dreamy 6th grade memories!

.mac :)

Lindsay-ann said...

I loved to roller skate too. In fact I wore my wheels completely off a couple of pairs! Glad you enjoyed a fun day with your friends. Have they tried ice skating yet? That scares me even more, as it seems so much more dangerous. Jessica is now banned from ice skating! She is actually quite good but after spending all this money on her teeth I don't want them knocking out by falling on the ice.
Lindsay
x

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

That looks like one fancy roller rink! Ours still looks like it belongs in the 80s!

BTW, I totally rocked the blue eyeshadow, too!

Mrs. NB

2 Little Irish Boys said...

Celebrate Good Times, C'mon!!
You just brought back so many memories for me and yes, my sister and I did the same thing in our basment. Although, I think my mom was watching Days of Our Lives!!!