Thursday, March 4, 2010

Come On In: A Mud Room Mess No Longer

So Yesterday,  I mentioned my husband went out of town for a long weekend a few weeks back. I don't know why, but when he is gone, I get SO MUCH done!
My birthday/Christmas/Sweetest Day gift from 2009 finally arrived. {...Fill in the holiday blank-}And My Dear was out of town, like I said.
I could have waited, but I kept looking at the boxes in the garage...and thinking.
Thinking, "I wonder how heavy those are..."
And thinking, "I wonder if I just pulled my back muscles lifting that!"
And still thinking, "I wonder how hard this will be to tackle without Tin Man's help."
{I mean, moral support. I usually am the one to put things together anyway-}
So I did it.
I took all this:
And without too many mishaps, put these together, and ...well, just take a look...
The Mud Room Before:
{I only had two baskets, but I have three kids...this means Major Mess~}
The Mud Room After:

{Now room for all three boys...No more Mess!}


Me and my pink tool box tools.
And a little someone to help me:
When I was hoisting the shelf to hang it, he ran out of the room-as I balancing mysef on a chair, with a drill under my arm, shelf in both arms, and the screws and anchors in my teeth-saying, "Oh my gosh! I can't watch this! Mom you are going to SERIOUSLY hurt yourself!"
I replied, with garbbled speech due to the stuff in my teeth-"No I won't, but just get back and grab the drill before it drops, and shatters, then I won't be able to finish...now THAT will seriously upset me!"

Hear Me Roar...and hand me the Advil-I think I did pull some back muscles lifting those heavy boxes...
post signature
(...who is not patient enough to wait for help lifting heavy boxes, but can [and will-] use a hammer, screwdriver, and/or level to complete any most tasks!)

18 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Very very nice...I love the cushion on that bench!!! Super cute...I have that EXACT stone in my laundry room on the floor near my coats hook....I got it from hobby lobby...

Looks wonderful-what are you putting in your little baskets above?

sandy toe

duchess said...

Great job! It looks beautiful.

Mommy Mac said...

You and I swets are so much alike! I have a very hard time waiting myself!

It's just my timing and Ken's timing don't always match up.

Probably because my timing is RIGHT NOW and his timing is IN A LITTLE BIT.

Love the new look!

You really should compile an Organization 101 post on this blog. You know, for readers who struggle with where to start.

Organizing is an intense talent...not everyone has it!

Oh, but you do! You organized your mud room!

.mac :)

Angie Acapella said...

You worked so hard. What a transformation! I wish my laundry room was that neat and tidy! Mine is red and yellow too. Great job!

Jen said...

The room looks great and I Love the bench and shelf!! You remind me of my sister! She's the same way! Girls like you AMAZE me!! Good Job!!

Kelli said...

Yeah for you...it looks great and so organized. Worth the agonizing wait. Oh and the lamp is my favorite.

Michelle said...

Beautiful! I love the bench, where did you find it? My laundry room doubles as my scrapbooking room.

Thanks for the Chicago invite, I really appreciate it!!!

Leah said...

Looks great. Where did you get that shelf?

Sandra said...

You are truly amazing...

Everytime I see a Fleur de Lis, I think of you!

It all looks wonderful!!!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

You did an awesome job! I wouldn't have been able to wait either. Hopefully, your hubby will pamper you and massage your aching back--what am I saying..hopefully, of course he will!

Unknown said...

AWESOME! Way to go! My mudroom is in serious need of an overhaul! I would love some of the those shelves...someday!

Anonymous said...

You impress me to no end.
It looks AWESOME!

Carrie said...

Love the after! Awesome job! I'm the same way...I'm not patient enough for Dan to do things...so I have put many a things together, hung pictures and moved furniture...what else am I going to do while he's gone! haha! I love the bench and shelf...I could use something just that scale for our little back entry where everything gathers! Perfect! He will be so proud of you! {And I'm truly amazed that I have not injured myself in any major way with the things I've done! haha!}

RaD said...

It looks good. I'm not that organized, and probably never will be, but one can dream!

Lindsay-ann said...

You will now have to re-name this room! It looks too posh to be called a mud room now. You did great assembling all that stuff on your own. It looks just perfect. When my new furniture arrives I need you to come around with your pink tools and help me out!
Lindsay
x

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

It looks great! I love the bench, the baskets and the cushion -- so cute!

My laundry room is shaped similar to yours. Great use of space!

XOOX
Jen

mommynoodles said...

I so want one of those.Is that the Clark Bench from JC Penny?If so,I have been eye balling them for atleast a year! LOL!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Impressive! You are always welcome to work your magic over here anytime!!

Mrs. NB