Friday, October 22, 2010

(Not So-) Deep Thoughts About Sparkly Shoes...

Okay.
So my last two posts have been full of deep thoughts.

BE Braced:
This post is just as deep.
Maybe.
Ummm.
Kind-of.
Well--
Not so much.

Last weekend,
after watching How To Train Your Dragon Friday night,
And eating pizza,
(Oh Yes, my life is just THAT exciting-)
And  realizing that Saturday was filled with flag football games-
and my Sunday would be filled with football on television-
Tin Man knew I needed some alone time.
Time to do girl things.
Like manicures, and shopping.

He handed me the keys to his convertible,
and said,
"Instead of going to the flag football games, I'll take all the boys. 
Why don't you go out shopping and get your nails done?"

So I did.
My life is so full of boy things, and most of the time, I am fine with that.
But sometimes, I need to just do my own thing.
So,I walked into Nordstroms,
and saw these shoes:



!!!

I wanted them so badly!
But instead, I went shopping for the boys.
I spent my time at the GAP buying what I really needed to buy:
The oh-so-exciting:
School pants,
Jeans,
And Shirts for the wedding we are attending on Saturday in Wisconsin.

Because even thought I was out having "girl time" shopping,
I was shopping for them...

However,
I did find a few things to wear to the wedding for me.
(Nothing, unfortunately, to match those sparkly shoes-)
I bought this dress at White House/Black Market:

(This is NOT me. I repeat: This is NOT me-just the person from the website!)

And these shoes:

 After shopping- I then went home ready for the rest of the weekend watching football.
And was happy about it...
Mostly.
Well, not really.
I read a book while I sat with them, as they watched football-
And then, I was happy...
post signature
(...Who loves sparkly shoes, but settled for the black ones that match
...and won't make me look like a street walker.)

9 comments:

Work in progress said...

Cool of Tin Man to give you a break from football. I admire your ability to deal with it at all. I hate football!! I can't even stand the sound of a game being on TV. :) Love the shoes (both pair)! Have fun at your wedding.

Kristin said...

I LOVE HIM! How great that he recognises that you need girl time. my hubby would give me the world I just usually have to ask for it first. It is nice to have someone think of it first. What a sweetheart. I love the shoes both pairs.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Last night (Friday) I watched How to Train Your Dragon and ate pizza. Today, however, hubby has to work! I did steal some time to run to Hobby Lobby, but I didn't find anything really fun! Love the dress and shoes you found. So pretty!

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a sweet husband...glad you had some time alone...love your header pictures! Such a nice looking family-
sandy toe

Lindsay-ann said...

The dress and shoes you bought are gorgeous. You are going to look amazing at the wedding.
Lindsay
x

April said...

Score one for Tin Man for being a great hubby and score one for you for finding the perfect dress and shoes for the wedding! You're going to look SMASHING!

trish said...

You are *such* a lucky girl!!! A day out and having your nails done! Oh heavenly!
Your dress is gorgeous and you will look just beautiful in it and your new shoes!! Maybe you will find some place extra special for the sparkly shoes!!
Enjoy the rest of your week. I hope your weather has not been too bad. I have watched it on the weather channel.
Sincerely - Trish

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Hot dress... hot shoes, even if they aren't sparkly... I am sure that also made for one Hot Mama!!! I have been reading, just not always taking the time to comment. I miss your daily posts. I am thrilled you are loving your job. What a blessing it must be to have your kids with you all day as well!! Miss you, my friend!

Mrs. NB

Dawn said...

those sparkly shoes are so fun! but you might ahve needed a cinderella gown to pull them off... which woulda meant upstaging the bride!! heehee! the black shoes are gorgeous... and i'm sure you looked beautiful! not street-walker-ish at all!!!