Our family has a fun Christmas tradition.
But with me working,
I didn't know how it would continue.
Every year,
we plan to visit Santa at the local mall.
We have always gone early,
had lunch together, and spent the day with the boys doing something 'wintery'.
So,
I planned,
(...and begged my principal for a day off...actually, I dramatized this: There really was no need to beg, just had to fill out a form-)
and asked for a day off of school.
It turned out to be a skip day for all of us.
And it was so fun.
We visited Santa:

Then we ice skated the afternoon away:


It was a great, great Christmas tradition day.
(Don't tell my principal, but I think skipping school should be encouraged to celebrate special family days!)
(...who is BEYOND excited today: Our Kylie arrives from Australia tonight! We have been on a family countdown, and finally the day has arrived!)





2 comments:
What a special and fun winter day! It's good to skip the work and make memories. <3
hooray for a winter skip day! and kylie!!!!!! this christmas break is goning to be wonderful for you!!!
Post a Comment