Our Anniversary is this weekend, and Tin Man has been out of town all week for work. We all know who the cook is around here (HIM), and before leaving, he REALLY wanted to make blueberry jam. However, I didn't! (I was imagining a huge mess to be honest, and that didn't sound so fun in my summer kitchen-and I wanted to make my blueberry pies, which I did-) So we didn't. Make jam, that is-
But I started to feel bad that I squashed his blueberry jam dreams.
So, as his gift for our anniversary, I made him blueberry jam!
(I think this is the perfect 16th anniversary gift for my chef...)
Blueberry Jam
Makes 3 cups
Ingredients
5 cups blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions
In a medium saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, and salt. Mash with a potato masher or wooden spoon until the berries have released their juices.
Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has thickened, 18 to 25 minutes. *(It took me 40 minutes-not sure what i did wrong!) Transfer to containers and refrigerate for up to 1 month or freeze for up to 1 year.
Ps: 10 cups of blueberries only made THREE jars! What in the world?!?
I am pretty sure Tin Man will be the only recipient of this blueberry jam experiment!
Monday, August 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I enjoyed catching up with your summer news :) The jam looks yummy. I thought is was just us english who call it jam, I thought you called it jelly over there! Happy Anniversary for this weekend. It's our anniversary next Wednesday - 20 years!
Lindsay
x
Post a Comment