One of my cousins is putting together a family tree, and found a few photos of my childhood that he graciously shared on Facebook...
The photos made me think a few things:
1. I was very, very blessed to have a wonderful childhood. My parents were nurturing and loving, and I remember having so much fun growing up with my sister, and my parents.
2. The first picture above is the plot of land my mom grew up on in Wise County, Virginia. Even though I am a Michigan girl, that has never lived in another state- and this is the only place my boys have called home, I love and appreciate my southern roots. When I saw the picture my cousin took, I was profoundly grateful to my cousin for taking it-seeing my distant roots really was felt in my heart.
3. My childhood was idyllic, but I had very bad haircuts as a child!!! What in the world was my mom thinking?!

(...who obviously had bad childhood hair!)







No comments:
Post a Comment