Ahhhh....
Oh, how
we needed this.
A little R & R
five miles from home.
After spending four straight weekends nursing back to health someone in this house
from
congestion,
fevers,
vomiting,
and even
strep throat-
I couldn't take being in our house for one more weekend.
It is snowing so much this winter,
the boys have said,
"Please don't even ask us to go outside in the snow! We are sick of all this snow!"
I agree-18 degrees is getting old.
So,
Tin Man and I came up with a plan.
We called the closest hotel with a pool and hot tub
and
booked it for this past weekend.
I didn't take the camera,
or the computer,
or even my cell phone-
And we all had the best time ever.
Swimming,
hot tubbing,
eating at the hotel resturant
(where kids ate free-yipee!),
reading,
and relaxing.
We brought board games to play by the pool,
like Star Wars TROUBLE,
Memory,
and UNO.
I met and talked to another mom by the pool,
and she said,
"Were your kids as disappointed as mine that there weren't any slides here?
We tried to go to a water park, but they were booked, so here we are-ugh..."
I had to tell her the truth-
My boys told me this was "...the best vacation ever!-A close second to Disney World!"
Just getting out of our (chock-full-of sickness!) house for a weekend felt heavenly.
And it was.
We had so much fun just five miles from home...

(...who spent winter break at the local Holiday Inn and loved it-)



6 comments:
that is an awesome idea! :) the husband and I will be getting away in a few weeks alone for my birthday and I cant wait.
I never would think to do something like that! Sure sounds like y'all made some great memories!
oh what fun. I am glad you all unplugged and made it a gadget free weekend filled with great memories!
That sounds like such a great time. Sounds like a start of a great tradition :) Ooh, not even your cell phone...sweet!
What a great idea. It sounds like you had the perfect weeekend. I know what you mean about the snow. Only one week ago we had snow again and there were no kids out there sleging or making snowmen, everyone is so sick of it all. We just had 4 days staying with my MIL. The weather was not good but I enjoyed being somewhere different and I read a great book.
Lindsay
x
Awesome idea....I wonder if we have any hotels around here with indoor pools. I sure could use a vacation.
Post a Comment