Really, I am fine.
I have received many emails, texts, and phone calls from friends and family asking me if I am okay because I haven't updated our family blog is such a long time.
(18 days, long-)
Life/kids/school/ has been busy,
and I added a new gadget to my life, and that has been too exciting to put down:
I feel like ELF, in the movie, ELF:
{The clip is only about 4 seconds, so just watch it-}
I am in LOVE with my Nook.
LOVE...
I have read these books in the last two weeks:
Save Me by Lisa Scottoline,
Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult,
Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen,
and am currently reading,
Two Kisses for Maddy (A Memoir, tissues needed by page 70...just a friendly warning-) by Matt Logelin.
[I'll just say it again, I love my nook!]
I got this Kate Spade cover for my NOOK
and I think it sums up me to a 'T':
{It's pink (!), and this is what it says on the cover:
'She kept her nose in a book, and her head in the clouds'.
So true, even my Mom agreed.}
But anywho,
it is finally spring break,
and we decided not to go to Florida,
or even Tennessee,
we decided to stay home because it is the end of April,
and of course,
it is spring,
so the weather will be so much fun to stay home in.
Imagine the games of basketball,
and soccer in the yard.
Sitting on the cozy hammock on the back deck while I continue reading my NOOK,
getting a mild Michigan tan...
Right?
Wrong.
This is the view from my front door one hour ago, today.
TODAY:
Seriously.
I am not happy that we chose to stay home from Florida or even Tennessee
to be in snow at this time of year.
We were sick of the snow by the first of February!
The kids and I were planning to go to the zoo today.
But we all agreed that we don't feel like being cold, or in the snow.
So, instead,
we are going to...
{Drum roll please:}
Ha!
I am not going to tell you!
For spring break,
in the past,
we have gone to a different museum or fun places here in Michigan each day of break.
This year,
the kids and I decided to do that plan again.
I am calling it,
"Where in the 'D'
[The 'D' being 'DETROIT-]
are we?"
So here are some hints about our day today:
[After everyone gets dressed, I mean-]
We are going downtown.
To a big, white building,
with three floors,
where they have pretty things to look at.
We will be near Wayne State University.
Can you guess where we are going?
UPDATED WITH THE ANSWER TO TODAY'S
Where in the 'D' are we?
{My clues today were slightly misleading!
We were still by Wayne State University, and even parked where I had originally planned.
We WERE going to go to the D.I.A.(The Detroit Institute of Art),
but it was closed.
-My bad-
So we went across the street to a silver and blue building instead:}

(who can be called a NOOK lover, and even a Detroit Science Center lover, not a snow in April (!!!)lover...)







3 comments:
That snow is so wrong on so many levels!!!! It is the end of April. I'm so sorry, but glad you're still making the best of your break. I have no idea where you're going today, but maybe one day will include the Henry Ford Museum. I visited there once and really liked it.
Oh and you and the Nook...perfect fit.
I've been wondering where you've been! Sorry I didn't shoot you an e-mail to check up on you...it certainly wasn't that I didn't care! Life's just CRAZY around our neck of the woods with our house showings beginning to pick back up...WOO HOO! Hope you and your boys have a ball today...even if it is C-O-L-D. Do I dare mention that it's nearing 80 degrees here right now?
I've heard lots of great things about the Nook...I just might have to add it to my Wish List!
Post a Comment