Wednesday, September 14, 2011

And We Are Off To Start Another School Year...

We are back in school.

(First Day of School 2011)

Our littlest guy is now in Kindergarten...
[sniff, sniff-]
I was worried, at first.
He said he was looking forward to "nothing":
{Notice the 'excitement' on his face...}
But after the first day,
he came home saying how much he loved kindergarten!!!
(Yipee!)



Me too, that is-
I am back at school, too.
And unlike Happy Boy,
I was  SO excited.

And my classroom is positively heavenly.
(Sorry, I have been too busy to take pictures! Pictures of my classroom to follow hopefully soon-)
I absolutely adore my class.
Even after spending the first day a little melancholy and wishing that I had flunked my last year's class so that they were back with me for another year,
I got my first hug of the year on the second day of school.
I was then suddenly ready to take
 on a whole other group of little darlings,
and found myself hugging my former first graders,
and sending them on their way to second grade with a smile.

Then, turning back into my classroom with my newest class waiting,
who brought with them their
tentative smiles and jumpy nerves -
we got our year together started.
By day three
(even after THREE landed themselves on 'yellow' light,
and one on 'red light'-),
a few of the girls told me I was the 'prettiest and nicest teacher ever'.

 Oh Fine.
They can stay...
(and I will love them so much this year!)

post signature
(...who loves, loves, loves to teach little first graders!!!)

5 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

If all teachers were as pretty and wonderful as you home schooling would cease to exist.:) You are such a blessing to all who know you, dear friend. Wish my girls were in your class!:) Lori

Michelle said...

Your boys are so handsome & getting big!! I love the top you are wearing, very pretty! Hope you have a great school year :)

April said...

Hi Lori!
Sure have missed "visiting" you! Been a long, long time...TOO long! My time on the computer continues to be very limited due to Chris still looking for employment. We're remaining FAITHFUL, though! Love those pictures...such a beautiful family you have! Here's to a FANTASTIC year for all of you!

Lindsay-ann said...

Wishing you a wonderful new school year. Love the new pictures. You look good in red - really suits you - you are Ruby 'Red' slippers after all :)
Lindsay
x

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Your boys are so cute! I miss teaching my little guys but I must say teaching college does have it's own rewards. I'm discovering this after teaching for a year now. I have students telling me how much I inspired them and stopping to chat with me.

Enjoy your year!
Carey