I remember what I was doing on 9-11.
I was at Bible Study,
while Tin Man and My Mom were watching my nine-month old baby,
Nature Boy.
At our study,
for the first time ever,
the Lecturer canceled class,
and haltingly told us,
what was occurring.
I raced home,
to find my Mom in tears,
my Tin Man watching the television in horror,
while Nature Boy sat on the floor,
drooling, and gumming
his little toys.
I walked in just as the Towers tumbled down,
out of the sky and turned into dust.
I remember how we didn't know what was happening that day and why,
and the how the world seemed to be in massive chaos,
and how I thought it was the end of the world,
and I how I couldn't believe that I was watching that happen.
The fear was so great inside of me-
and I grabbed my baby off the floor,
as if I could protect him from the craziness and the terror I was watching on television,
and I clutched him to me, willing my heart to stop racing.
I have heard people say lately as the tenth anniversary of 9-11 approached,
"Enough already of this remembrance."
" Ugh! Why do we need to remember that horrible day?"
And it makes me sad.
No, I don't want to remember that this day happened,
but we need to remember.
We need to remember so we show kindness,
and love to our fellow man.
We need to remember so we pass these thoughts
down to our children.
We need to remember so the honor due is not forgotten.
Remembering reminds us that this world is not about
Kim Kardashian's lavish wedding,
and People Magazine (which I do love to read too-)
But rather there are values,
and morals we need to impart to our children.
Knowing that so many people died intentionally,
makes me want to love the people around me intentionally.
If we can't look beyond ourselves,
and see the bigger picture,
what good are we?
Anyways,
I had some deeper than usual thoughts I wanted to get out today.
I still love the lighter things in life,
but I do think,
and sometimes deeply.
Like today,
when I don't want to remember,
but I choose to remember...

(who loves People magazine, and the lighter things in life,
but still wants to think about the real meaning of life...)
but still wants to think about the real meaning of life...)





No comments:
Post a Comment