~Campus Marcius Park~
Detroit, Michigan
November 2011
I was getting ready for Thanksgiving a couple weeks back,
and not ready to start thinking
"Christmas".
However,
Tinman had a great idea:
Ice skating in Detroit at
Campus Marcius Park.
I was hesitant to ice skate in Detroit,
and actually feeling a bit tired.
But, I am never one to miss something fun with my family,
so I agreed.
We invited one of the families from our cottage,
and had dinner at Mexican Town in Detroit,
and all of us got into skates and spent the evening ice skating.
It was such a wonderful night!
The Christmas music was playing,
the beautiful Christmas tree was lit,
and we all were having so much fun.
I forgot about being tired,
and enjoyed the night with my family and friends.
And the giant Christmas tree
put a Christmas smile on my face,
and I found myself excited for the month soon to come.
So, I am ready-
Bring on Christmas!

(..who grew up ice skating, but forgot how magical it is to ice skate in the wintertime...)



2 comments:
I tried ice skating and let's just say...it wasn't pretty! Sure sounds like y'all had a fun night on the town! I'm ready for Christmas, too! :)
I really enjoyed catching up with your blog and news today :)
Loved seeing the pictures from your ice skating adventures. The tree looked gorgeous. Jessica loves ice skating so much although we haven't been for ages.
Your re-decoated office looks gorgeous. Love the colors and stripes. So glad to hear Kylie is spending Christmas with you again. I am so JEALOUS you are going to see Wicked!!! I want to know all about it, ok?
Lindsay
x
Post a Comment