Sunday, September 8, 2013

My Sweet Boys

Cut it out already!
My boys are just getting too old!
I want time to just slow down a bit, 
And I want to enjoy the moments along the way.

My oldest is now taller than me by an inch, and wearing men's shoes, shirts, and shorts. We have been joking with him that he needs to stop showing off his belly button by wearing all the belly-baring shirts in his closet...but that truly is all he has! He grew so fast, I need to go shopping for a lot of new clothes! He will hit the teen years this winter. Oh. My. Gosh!

My middle son is on the brink of leaving childhood behind...heading for middle school soon...but not just yet-he is so himself-looking "cool" and then kid-sized again-

And my youngest is (happily) enjoying first grade. His life is all about playing, playing, playing.
He loves his friends,
But every morning, when I tell him "I love you",
His response is always, "I love you one more than that."
He even tries to say it to me (and Tin Man) first as we are waking up-
He likes to "beat us" saying I love you-
So sweet.

These are the good years, my dad has always said-
And I agree...
post signature
(...who loves them one more than that.)

No comments: