My family-
Teaching-
Reading-Oh how I love to read a good book!
Organizing-
And decorating. I adore all things decorating!
So, I have been saving my pennies, and had some changes to make around here. Pinterest gave me a starting point, and some great ideas-
As I am teaching full-time, I don't need an office at home anymore.
My two younger boys were sharing a small room, and could switch to my former office which is much bigger-and their small room could be turned into a proper guest room.
Then, as we were planning this, I realized my older son needed a change, too. Not because he was complaining, but because he is nearly thirteen, and sleeps in what we decorated as the "nursery" ten years ago. Time for a "teen" theme!
So here are the Cha-Changes going on around here:
Boys former room:

Now is the guest room:
My office, now is the younger boys's room:
(Repurposing some of the nursery hanging airplanes and rug-)

The Nursery...

Now a respectable Teen room:
(Loft bed found on Craig's List for a steal!)
Oh! I need to add one more thing to my list above of things I love:
The hugs my boys gave me when all the changes were complete in their rooms.
They all were not asking for this- but we knew they needed space (the little ones-), and non-nursery like decor (the almost-teen). It was the smiles and hugs that meant so much to me...

(...who did a few more decorating changes on the main floor too! Stay tuned!)
And the guest room-
Let's be honest, shall we? That room I decorated for me. It may not be my office anymore, but I need a girly space to balance all the boy themed spaces around here. And for my dear girlfriends who come to visit when they can...xoxo











No comments:
Post a Comment