Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Come On In! Summer Cottage "Garden"


First of all, Thank You for taking a peek at my Tin Man's blog! We FINALLY saw "The Proposal" over the weekend. I wanted to review The Proposal...I waited all June and most of July to see that movie! So- if you hop on over to Movies In Oz, I am the guest blogger. In our summer town-a very small town-there is one theater that shows two movies...No "Mega" Movie Chains here, so I have had a lesson in patience waiting for that movie...While I waited this summer-
This is what I have been working on:


The Cottage "Garden"~
(Red currants pictured above~ Growing at the cottage~)
(Red Rasberries pictured below~Growing at the cottage~)
We also have blueberries, and wild strawberries~but the kids eat them as they find them, and they are all gone...
AND...

If you are expecting a "gourmet" garden, with succulent plants-


you are on the wrong blog.


Really wrong.


When I say "Garden", I am using the term very loosely.

Very.


This is my garden:
Come on! Don't you know what that is??!!
It looks like weeds, I know. But in my defense, it is actually lettuce.


Tiny, baby lettuce. But lettuce all the same.

It has made a few yummy salads.

Actually-it is growing quite fast, so I may eat a few more salads in August.

That is next week, I know-but I have high hopes.

This is our basil and tomato plants:


Potted so prettily, and I am also hoping to get a few tomatoes before the end of summer to add to my homegrown lettuce patch.

We'll see.

Time will tell~

I just thought you would like to see the extent of my green thumb.

I can water-

but maybe too much...

And I can hope-

I hear it springs eternal....


(~who is usually known as~)

post signature


(...Notice I do not have gardening clogs on this blog...)

16 comments:

trish said...

Your garden is just perfect. :o) We planted our first garden, in the ground, earlier this year and it did not do very well. We hit a very long hot dry spell. Even though we watered on a regular basis, we just could not keep up. So next year, the tomatoes are going back in the pots on our front porch and we will try a few other tricks to get a "small" garden in the ground again. :o)
I was curious, are you very far from Grand Rapids? I flew into that airport a few years back to attend my daughter's graduation. She is now a wife and mother. :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Kelli said...

Mmm, fresh rasberries...yum. Your garden is beautiful.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Hey it looks great!!! I didn't grow one thing! I bet that lettuce is good!!

We saw the Proposal...I think it was very silly!

I saw the Ugly Truth..OH MY WORD...it is so bad...it has so much sexual content...it's totally perverted!!! It was almost uncomfortable at times!

okay..I just realized I should go to the movie blog!

Have a great day!
sandy toe

April said...

Aww...look at your little garden! Girl, I am impressed! I would love to try to grow veggies sometime, but we have to get out of the "big city" first! I've not seen "The Proposal" yet, but I'd like to! Enjoy your day, my friend!

Southern Fried Gal said...

You are SO stinking cute! I love your garden!

Mrs. S. said...

Your garden looks perfect! I would be happy with just that growing. Especially fresh lettuce...yum!

Mother Hood said...

I'll take some blueberries thankyouverymuch!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Now, THAT'S my type of garden!!! My thumb is brown, but I LOVE freshed grown veggies!!!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Mommy Mac said...

Love the potted garden, sister! Plants grow; they don't care where! Very envious of your strawberries...man, I am missing my stash.

Just how tan are you right now? No wait. Don't tell me. I don't wanna know.

.mac :)

Dawn said...

your little garden looks lush! i have not even an inkling of a green thumb... so i am just a bit envious!

Jen said...

That is my kind of gardening!! I LOVE fresh tomatoes!! Yum!! Sounds like you are having a wonderful Summer! I am still so envious of your Summer cottage! That just sounds like so much fun! I hope you have a fabulous rest of your summer!

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog lately! I appreciate your prayers!!

Jen

Girly Stuff said...

It's so cute!

You need one of those herb growers that I see in the catalogs. It can go on your kitchen counter. Then blog about it.

Glad you guys are having a good time up there!

Anonymous said...

You've gone blonde Luv!!! It's all that salt water and sun, isn't it !!! ;) I over-water plants too - so, why are yours doing ok... mine always, ALWAYS die. I had the most beautiful lettuce bowl, full of different types of lettuce - dead, within 2 weeks. Disastrous, I am!!!

Your FB story was lovely, and I'm so glad you shared it with me. What a wonderful witness you've been; even though at the time as a teen it would have been hard for you, she has been able to see God - how cool is that! And thank you for being so sweet about what I wrote in my post. I so love and value your friendship and support.

OK, Miss Tanned and Blonde, I shall catch up with you a little down the track... here's hoping your green thumb continues it's 100% success rate ;)

Blessings... Naomi x

Ms. Tee said...

That sounds neat! And congratulations on your baby finally getting it! :) It looks like y'all are having such a great time - your boys will have such good memories of it all, too. Hope you have a great weekend!

Jessica said...

Although Im not the greatest at it, I love to garden!!

Jessica said...

Although Im not the greatest at it, I love to garden!!