Monday, July 20, 2009

Dinner Is Ready! Quick! (I don't have time to cook~) Blueberry Cobbler


You know if it is a recipe of mine (rather than Tin Man's~) it will be easy, quick, and will not have too many ingredients. If you don't know, My favorite cookbook is the Four Ingredient Cookbook. I bought it at JoAnne Fabrics one day-and that is not exactly the place that cooks go to when looking for more cookbooks...Anyway, they must have made this for people like me who love to entertain, but hate to cook. I stumbled across this recipe on the web, and I thought this is the recipe for me! It belongs in the Four Ingredient (or less-) Cookbook I so love:


Easy For Me (Four Ingredients!) Blueberry Cobbler

What you need:

(You won't need a pen or paper-you can memorize this one! Don't you love that??!!)
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of Bisquick
1 cup of milk
4 cups of Blueberries (with an extra 1/2 cup of sugar mixed with the berries)

What you do:

Combine milk, sugar, and Bisquick in a bowl, and then pour it in a baking dish. Pour your fruit over the mixture in the baking dish.Do not stir the mixture with the berries. As the cobbler bakes, the Bisquick rises and and makes a crust over the berries. Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until browned on top.

Ta-Da!

This is what I made for Sandy Toes who was supposed to come for the day and visit with her kids. But life has a way of getting in the way-My Itchy Baby got a fever and our much-planned day did not work out. Instead, we went to dinner (without the kids!) and had a great time talking. (We have known each other since first grade, but haven't seen each other in almost ten years or so-)

Sandy Toes would have loved this cobbler, I know it!

In fact,
the baby perked up and a couple days later, and we were finally able to together at my cottage. We had fun at the beach, and playing on the playscape. We even fit in taking the kids to a movie that evening. It was so fantastic to catch up with an old friend. (I don't mean to imply SHE is old-I am older than her-but our friendship, I mean~)


AND~I was finally able to impress Sandy Toes with this recipe of Blueberry Cobbler.
She did love it! ...And we all had fun at the cottage~
(...who is really~)




post signature

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM! That looks fabulous. i think i might have to try it tonight!

Kelli said...

That looks yummy and yes, so easy. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you got to connect with an old friend!

Laura said...

Oh! I cannot WAIT to try this!

Mommy Mac said...

Look delish, Ruby.

How neat is it that you guys were able to hook up and have a reconnection time.

I did some reconnecting with one of my long time blog friends too just recently...we loved our time together.

Perhaps I might need to travel to see you. I've got my eye on several Michigan stops I would like to make...some shops I know of, some rstaurants too...I am sure they are all scattered about that huge state and none even remotely close to the other...just dreaming out loud here!

.mac :)

Dawn said...

looks scrumptious! and how fun to have a chance to catch up with a great friend!

Girly Stuff said...

You ended up having twice the fun!

I have a dumpcake recipe that is similar. 4 steps and you are done...but you have to also have it with ice cream!

April said...

Hey, that is MY kind of recipe! Sounds AND looks oh, so good! I'm happy to hear that you got to meet up with Sandy Toes and reconnect after all these years! What fun you two must have had!

Janelle said...

I have a confession to make. I'm jealous every time you post. Your cottage sounds so dreamy and I wish I were there to eat with you and chat away. Good times!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

YUM!!!! I plan to make this VERY soon! Love simple recipes and you can never go wrong with blueberries!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Shell in your Pocket said...

It was delicious!

I will do that recipe....oh yum!

sandy toe

Annikke said...

Yummy!!! I'm gonna try this soon!

I got your wonderful postcard yesterday! Thanks for snail mailing me!!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

How fun you got together with Sandy Toes! You would both be such fun to be friends with...I am jealous! And the cobbler looks fantastic!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh : ) it looks so, so, good. And I love your hair. Fantastic. Wow.

trish said...

What a special day!! I would love to meet a couple of the ladies who blog. It is neat how the two of you have known one another for so long!

I am going to bake the blueberry cobbler right now! I have all the ingredients and my freezer is loaded with fresh blueberries from my yard as well as a local farmers! :o)

Have a wonderful week! I miss blogging more often, this summer is slipping away from me.

Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Ps. I have enjoyed reading your blog and seeing all your pictures! How wonderful to have a place to get away to. :o)

michele said...

Yum! I made it and it is in the oven NOW! Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Hi...Just reading how you are using up all our blueberries.

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I have to say you are my hero!! I really admire that you seem to have time for everything or make time I should say: keeping journals, writing blog, reading books, reading the Bible, and sending me a sweet postcard!
You made me day!! Thanks so much-I really admire you and your boys are fabulous.
BTW, Cash and I went blueberry picking last week--I will do a post about it soon. Love your recipe!