Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Time With Nana and Papa


(1965)
(1970)


(2010)
(2012)

Before my parents came to visit us this summer at the cottage,
they sent along a gift for each of the boys.

Happy Boy got two books:

Nature Boy and Dancing Boy each got a Swiss Army Knife...
...and began whittling:

Dancing Boy sliced open a knuckle...but survived,
And Nature Boy was proud he didn't draw blood.
However, he DID cut his shorts in three places...

As July turned into August,
My dear, aging parents made a memorable trip up to stay with us for a long weekend.

We celebrated my Dad's 83rd birthday with cake,
My mom and I went into town for pedicures,
And we all went to see the Disney movie, PLANES-
Which we all enjoyed...except for my dad- he took a snooze for most of it!

We spent time taking walks, and sitting and talking with them.

It was a slow-paced weekend,
but so memorable.



post signature
(...Who is thankful for Nana & Papa-Thank you, God for time with the best parents and grandparents ever created.)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

xoxoxoxo
I just smiled at the pedicures... grinned. I know that is your special thing, and I think of it often. how I loved talking to you about your mom... so blessed to have you spill your love for her. I can just feel how special this weekend was for you!