I was excited and honored this year to host a student teacher for 10 weeks:
She and I really connected, and for me, learning to let someone take 'control' of what I perceive to be my domain was easier than I thought.
We had a great time together!
I learned (I hope-) how to mentor one of 'my own', and I loved how nice it was to have another adult to laugh with me about the cute and funny things first graders do on a daily basis.
I also was able to recognize and appreciate God's perfect timing in all things.
My older, elderly parents had some physical set-backs that coincided with my student-teacher taking over more responsibilities in my classroom at a much needed time.
I couldn't believe as more of me was needed elsewhere, I had someone competent, loving, and there to make sure there wasn't even a ripple in the daily routine of our first grade room.
God's timing -God's plan-is always bigger than what we expect or dream...so awesome.
Then, as things are winding down, and another year comes to an end,
there is still so much to do:
Bulletin Boards,
Reading assessments,
Class Play presentation,
Oh. And the actually 'teaching part' of teaching:
It's just a lot, people, all at once...and this doesn't include what I need to do for my own three kiddos...!
Then, to throw a crimp in all my plans, I have been recovering from the dreaded respiratory flu...My sister,(medically qualified to assess me),told me I have even 'pulled a muscle' in my throat from coughing so hard (!!!) . Nice...
So imagine my surprise -and delight- this morning,
When after sleeping in,
I woke up to this:
French toast on my china, a pot of perfectly made coffee, and a beautiful, warm bath.
My dear hubby recognized that I was at the end of my reserves, and needed some extra care this morning. I love that after nearly 18 years married, he knows me so well, yet I didn't say a word-.
Grateful for so much-
An amazing school year,
-For me & my boys-
A wonderful student teacher experience,
-That came at the perfect time-
A great Saturday morning of rest,
-provided my my sweet & thoughtful partner-in-life-
And the end of the school year now in sight.
{Love, love, love that!}
(...who loves teaching first grade, but is looking forward to a summer at the beach...)








1 comment:
i am so glad that you have had someone to share the load so you can be where you need to be. i know how important it is to you to be able to help out with your parents! and how sweet to have someone take care of you in return. summer is coming!!!
Post a Comment