I remember talking with my little girlfriends,
and planning out my life...
I imagined
I would be the mother of one sweet, kind, perfect little girl.
Then, I would have one darling, cute little boy.
Two. The perfect number,
of my
perfect little children...
In reality,
I have three boys.
Three
-growing bigger by the minute-
-bouncing balls throughout my house-
-staining the carpet with their Doritos-
-leaving stinky clothes all over their bedrooms-
-fighting over who hit who-
-and of course, leaving the toilet seat UP-
boys.
Not exactly perfect, but then again, neither am I-
This Mother's Day,
One made me the cutest card and presented it with the strongest hug:
One "found" my entire gift in someone's trash (no joke-), and recycled it for me:
(The gift, the container, everything was 'found' by my creative guy-)
And One played baseball with a travel team, but came home with a gift of my favorite candy (Mike & Ikes), just for me. When my oldest arrived home, all three boys presented me with my very own hockey stick, so I can play street hockey with them. (Pink tape compliments of the gym teacher at school-).
My husband bought me a bird feeder (I told him at some point recently, "I think I want to try bird watching-" and he made my little wish a reality).
They may not have been what I imagined.
(I never imagined I would be playing hockey with three sons...)
but truly, they have been the perfect gift -
Better than what I planned out in my childhood.
In one word: Perfect
(...who has the three...I mean, four... most perfect big boys ever!)









No comments:
Post a Comment