Hey there! It IS me, bundled up in my coat, and skates. IT IS FREEZING outside!
It is So Cold in Michigan right now, it's go along, to get along.
What I mean by that is, I might as well join in playing ice hockey (Clarification: I skate around them while they play hockey-) with my boys, because there is not much else you can do when you are surrounded by snow, snow, and more snow.
We have had some fun this winter skating...
But sometimes, I admit, I am a baby, and beg them to just go without me, because this sounds a whole lot better:
Reading by the fire. Alone. Heavenly. Peaceful....
(True confession: Sometimes I just act like I will miss skating with them, but secretly can't wait for them to leave...)
One of these nights while they were all out at the skating rink, I decided to try this style website I heard about called Stitchfix (www.stitchfix.com) where you answer a bunch of style/size/budget questions and five things are mailed to you, based on your style questionnaire, picked out by a stylist.
(I know, right?!)
So I decided to try this-because 1. I wasn't interrupted by my boys(!) and could complete the looooong questionnaire 2. I really am just waiting for summer to get here, and I don't have any good books right now to read (I don't want to ice skate! I only go because my boys make me sometimes!) 3. I love fashion, and needed to change it up from my standard winter wardrobe of -black, black, and more black.
Sooo...
I absolutely loved the whole experience-
Everything in my box was exactly what I would love, but maybe wouldn't have picked for myself off a rack somewhere (and I have no time to shop-)
It all fit (yay!)
And, they give you style cards for each piece they send you with two ideas of how to wear them:
I tried to take a few pictures of myself, but I haven't got the whole "selfie" thing figured out.
(Apparently, taking a picture of yourself is a lot harder than it looks...)
Anyways, that is the new gray (not black!) sweater with the new (sucks in your gut-) jeans.
I wore the new jacket and lace (Yay! Black!) shirt out to dinner and have a partial picture (I was posing with my yummy food, not thinking of my new clothes-)
I also wore the orange shirt (but didn't think to take a picture) to church how they recommended, with a sweater, and Tin Man noticed, and liked it (I am pretty sure he said, "Wow, nice to see you are wearing a color other than black-") I think I shocked him.
I loved Stitchfix so much, I ordered another "fix" to arrive in a month or so. I am so excited! Now I have something besides sledding, and ice hockey to look forward to this winter...(!)...because if you know Michigan, winter lasts until mid-May, unfortunately.
(...who is stitch-fixed!)













No comments:
Post a Comment