Saturday, September 11, 2010

So...Yeah, Ummm....It's Football Time Again~

After a (Wonderful! Oh how I love it!) week of teaching, this is what I had to look forward to this Saturday.

Football:
...Football:
And, yes, even more football:

So by the time the last game was rained out, I was cold, wet, and I was "footballed"-out.
{I have a bad cold, too-thank you for that, my wonderful first graders...}
Not so my boys.
The guys were now ready to watch college ball:

{Look! Even Lucy was ditching me too for football with the guys!}

I, on the other hand, figured that football time was over for me. 
I grabbed a box of tissues, and Vicks Vapor-Rub, and some cough drops, and found a peaceful spot to sit:
...With some favorite things:
My PEOPLE Magazines-
Pepsi-The 'throwback' with real sugar-
Kettle corn popcorn-
and HGTV decorating shows-

I don't understand why the boys didn't want to watch Candice Olsen decorate with me!
I mean, we spent all day playing football!
Isn't that enough football for one day?
What about decorating?!
What about PEOPLE magazine?!

...So~
 It is football season around here.
We'll be watching the Detroit Lions tomorrow.
I don't know about you, but I can only take so much football without going nutty~
post signature
(...who can handle small doses of football...but then must find some girly things to do!)

12 comments:

Angie Acapella said...

You're such a good sport! And your bedroom looks sooo cozy!

I wanted to tell you that I mentioned you on my blog today. It's about disciplining your kids and I have always loved your wisdom when it comes to that.

Brian and Becky said...

Did I count NINE pillows on that bed!?

Ruby Red Slippers said...

HAHAHA! Becky, you counted correctly!!!!
:)

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Yes, my oldest has already requested we watch the Lions game tomorrow. Spent all afternoon watching UGA lose. I fell asleep on the couch--which isn't nearly as comfy as your bed looks! ;)

Your boys look like they were having great fun!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Yes, my oldest has already requested we watch the Lions game tomorrow. Spent all afternoon watching UGA lose. I fell asleep on the couch--which isn't nearly as comfy as your bed looks! ;)

Your boys look like they were having great fun!

Mommy Mac said...

Sister...that top People has a picture of the little boy and his dad I sat caddy corner to at Kenny's high school ball game last night!

It's the 16 and Pregnant TV series...

Ryan, Maci, and Bentley are from my town!

Ryan and his parents used to go to our church!

Kenny coached Ryan in football!

Bentley and Ryan were sitting just down from me last night!

He is not the nicest guy if you watched the show...Maci, the mom, had a hard time with him.

His parents are super nice though.

Maci and Bentley were on the cover of like Star Magazine or something a few weeks back.

Cuh-razy!

I type all of this while watching TN play Oregon on TV!

Night 2 of football for me! We had soccer games today with the boys.....

Ahh, the life of a mom to boys!

.mac :)

Mommy Mac said...

Sister...that top People has a picture of the little boy and his dad I sat caddy corner to at Kenny's high school ball game last night!

It's the 16 and Pregnant TV series...

Ryan, Maci, and Bentley are from my town!

Ryan and his parents used to go to our church!

Kenny coached Ryan in football!

Bentley and Ryan were sitting just down from me last night!

He is not the nicest guy if you watched the show...Maci, the mom, had a hard time with him.

His parents are super nice though.

Maci and Bentley were on the cover of like Star Magazine or something a few weeks back.

Cuh-razy!

I type all of this while watching TN play Oregon on TV!

Night 2 of football for me! We had soccer games today with the boys.....

Ahh, the life of a mom to boys!

.mac :)

Mommy Mac said...

Sister...that top People has a picture of the little boy and his dad I sat caddy corner to at Kenny's high school ball game last night!

It's the 16 and Pregnant TV series...

Ryan, Maci, and Bentley are from my town!

Ryan and his parents used to go to our church!

Kenny coached Ryan in football!

Bentley and Ryan were sitting just down from me last night!

He is not the nicest guy if you watched the show...Maci, the mom, had a hard time with him.

His parents are super nice though.

Maci and Bentley were on the cover of like Star Magazine or something a few weeks back.

Cuh-razy!

I type all of this while watching TN play Oregon on TV!

Night 2 of football for me! We had soccer games today with the boys.....

Ahh, the life of a mom to boys!

.mac :)

Work in progress said...

I know you have that new job and all... but I REALLY miss your blog :-D! Anyway, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. And as far as all that football goes, I think you are a saint to survive all that testosterone! I hate football; can't even stand the sound of the announcers on TV. Your family is blessed that you share their love! Hope you feel better. :)

Shell in your Pocket said...

Your little tray looks cute and fun!!!

How is teaching going???How is it being a working mom?

sandy toe

Lindsay-ann said...

I enjoyed seeing your boys playing football and watching football too. I don't blame you for escaping into your gorgeous bedroom and watching the decorating shows. In fact with my cold we could have kept each other company coughing and sneezing together! Hope you are feeling better today.
Lindsay
x

trish said...

You nestled in right where I would want to be!! :o) I love all the things you had set up for a cozy get a way!! :o)

Do you ever watch Master Chef?