Sunday, September 19, 2010

With Thanks...

A big thank you to Lindsay, our friend in England for the gifts she sent our family...
The boys {-including Tin Man-} received special gifts from Lindsay and her daughter, Jessica last weekend.
I love how Jessica matched the gift to the personality of my boys-she knew exactly what boy would like what. And wrote each one a special note, which they all have tucked away-
Nature Boy received British coins and even a reproduction coin from years past. You can see the smile on his face was huge-he thought those coins were priceless!
Dancing Boy received a "Mr. Log", which was a creative craft made from a stick. {Right up his alley-inventive crafts!} He took the note Jessica sent to heart, and showed "Mr. Log" outside like she suggested.
Happy Boy got a little stuffed frog, and it hasn't been out of his hand since he got "Baby Frog" to remind him of the frog he caught this summer. He adores his "Baby Fog", as he calls him, and Baby Fog shares his bed each night...
Tin Man got a carved acorn key chain, which he promptly put our set of cottage keys on-He said it was perfect for the cottage! {I agree!}
And Lindsay and Jessica didn't leave me out, either!
They sent me a fragrant bar of soap-which I put right by my sink,
a beautiful lighthouse glass thingy-which will be hanging in my classroom soon-
and the CD of the Broadway play, Wicked. I LOVE it!!! {Oh how I love my showtunes!}
So, thank you Lindsay and Jessica-you both blessed us here in Michigan so much!
Merci!
post signature
(...who is thankful for special friends across the pond!)

5 comments:

Angie Acapella said...

It's so fun having friends over seas! When I was in elementary school I had a pen pal from England named Richard. It was like Christmas morning when I would get something in the mail from him! LOL
p.s. I wanted to ask you if you design your own blog and change it up yourself, or if you outsource that. If you do it yourself, what program do you use? I'm just really bored with my generic blogger template and want to change mine up a bit.

Lindsay-ann said...

Jessica loved seeing the boys and their goodies. We both enjoyed treating you all. We are still enjoying the goodies you sent us this summer too. Thank you.
Lindsay
x

mysteryhistorymom said...

Lindsay and Jessica are such treasures! Receiving a package or letter from them is like a huge and wonderful hug from across the miles.:) I know they are thrilled that you liked your goodies! Isn't it amazing how blogging can make the world a lot smaller and so much nicer?:) Lori

Mommy Mac said...

So cool!

.mac :)

Mommy Mac said...

So cool!

.mac :)