...And they just happened to be MY kids!
Watch:
Dear Mr. Delmas,
Thank you so much for the signed game balls and signed photo for my two oldest boys-it was so unexpected, and so kind!
Seriously-they loved being knocked down by you-really-.
Maybe even honored-
And please, don't worry if they were hurt.
They were completely fine.
{The only one crying was my Happy Boy: He wished he was trampled and got a signed football!}
I would say they are better than fine, actually.
You made their day... Maybe even their month~
I am posting this video on our family blog not to embarrrass you any further-as I know you are getting ribbed in the press for this-but because my boys don't think their friends will believe them at school when they tell them that they really were "trampled" by a Detroit LIONS player.
Sometimes kids been known to exaggerate things a bit, and this video proves to their friends they really were trampled!
We {still!} will be cheering for you next game-a trampling won't stop us!
However, we'll cheer safely from our seats...
Love,
Your {ever adoring} fans...
Nature Boy and Dancing Boy

(...who thinks this is the craziest thing yet to happen to our family-)



10 comments:
That is crazy! My son would have loved it too. When he was little, and probably now too.
That is crazy! Guess your boys just got their 15 minutes! :)
So excited for you to be teaching again, BTW! I imagine you are super busy, but hopefully we will be able to hook up for a weekend lunch or something soon!
Memories do last a lifetime, Ruby!
.mac :)
Oh goodness. That was your boys? Wow. You managed to film it too? Now they will be able to re-live that magical trampling moment forever!
Lindsay & Jessica
xx
Are you kidding me?? Holy Cow! :o) Your boys must be in heaven. :o) So glad they were not hurt though. :o)
Happy First Day of school {I am getting caught up on blog reading ...smile}. Your lanyard should be there any day. :o)
Thank you again, so much for purchasing the lanyard from my Etsy shop. What a blessing!!
your friend. Trish
Hello! My first thought on seeing the video was "he didn't even turn to say sorry and see if they were OK?!?!?!" But obviously that's not important - trampling by a football star is... Classic! I love that they love it, and they got autographs and stuff to go with the memories - gorgeous!... Just out of curiousity, do your football guys have studs on the bottom of their boots? 'Cos that would have been a major "YOWIE!" if they connected with any body parts!!!... I have a lot to catch up on with you, Lady, so I better go do that before my little Lady wakes for the day (she sleeping through the night now!!!). I noted somewhere that you are now out working (as opposed to working "IN" the home), so I hope that's going well for you and I look forward to reading up on that... I'll have E watch the video when he wakes up - he'll get a kick out of it (!!) - and tell N we still consider him E's penfriend, we are just a very slack one!!! Blessings to all your guys and you... Naomi x
wow! My boys would have loved it too.
Oh, my word! They got run right over and they're still smiling about it? Now, that's one moment they'll never forget!:)
They have a story to last the generations! At least there are no scars to go with the story only autographs! Except for poor Happy Boy who got his heart broken. Maybe he just needs an extra scoop of ice cream! ;) My Dave always says that will make him feel better!
i love that you found a video :) what a memory... i bet they'll talk about it forever!
Post a Comment