Tuesday, May 1, 2012

~Happiest of Days~

Today is my littlest guy's 6th birthday!

Happy Boy is so funny-
(he wished for a real alligator for his birthday this year,
one that wouldn't bite, of course-),
so sweet-
(when I tell him I love him,
he tells me he loves me more-every single time),
 so sincere-
(he has his life planned:
Marry 'His Katie';
 drive a yellow motorcycle;
and become a policeman-).
(With Nana & Papa)
He didn't have a birthday cake until he was three.
And every year it has been pretty darn ugly.
(And I mean U.G.L.Y.)

Read this to hear about {one of} my Ugly Cake Disasters:
The Ugliest Cake Ever Made

This year, his cake isn't so ugly.
 I finally figured this 'allergy cake' thing, I think-
 
I think his cake is downright gorgeous, if I do say so myself-...
(...but it tasted REALLY bad! He loved it, but his older brothers gagged.
One day I will get this allergy cake thing right, I hope-)

He is adored by our family-

especially his big brothers,
which means so much to me.

They look out for him:
making sure food is safe for him to eat with all his allergies,
and they include him in everything:
From giving him extra Pokemon cards for keeps,
to watching 'baby' shows with him so he isn't scared watching big kid shows,
to teaching him how to play football and soccer in the yard with them.

They have included him from birth and gave him the craziest nickname.
(I actually didn't know who in the world they were talking about for a while-)
Read this to know more about the beginning bond of my boys:
How Happy Boy got a CrAzY nickname

Happiest birthday wishes to you,
our Happiest of Boys!
post signature
(...who is a mom to a pretty great six year old!)

3 comments:

Dawn said...

i will echo your "pretty great" description of this sweet little guy! i loved spending those hours with the 2 of you!!! and it looks like his birthday was just great. how could it not be with that much love?!

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday, Happy Boy! My boy will be turning 6 in a few weeks, how did our babies get to be so big? Looks like a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Belated best wishes to your Happy Boy... what wonderful pictures, and beautiful words from a lovely Mama...
Naomi x