The kids headed back to school yesterday, and now I am getting ready to start up with the book of John again.{You think I forgot, didn't you? }
I didn't~but we did take a few weeks off from the Book of John, or rather-I did.
This morning, I will be heading back to my study and taking Kylie with me. We have spent so much time in pajamas around here~baking, cooking, watching television, playing Wii~but now it is time to get back to real life...in our clothes. No pajamas during the day!
The roads were so bad yesterday morning because of an early snow, and so it took us forty-five minutes to get to school rather than the usual fifteen. Even just a few more minutes with the boys before they get back into the school routine was heavenly.
On the long way home, (Yes, it was just as long on the way back-)
I listened to a great song (and the whole CD) by the Casting Crowns which made me think of the study of John, and how excited I am to get back into it today:
I listened to a great song (and the whole CD) by the Casting Crowns which made me think of the study of John, and how excited I am to get back into it today:
"...Not because of who I am,
But because of what YOU've done~
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who YOU are~"
~Who Am I
Casting Crowns
That is what the book of John has been to me~a reminder of what God has done for me, and about His character. Reading John this past year is like reading a book I can't put down because it is so good, I say to myself, "Just ONE more chapter, then I'll stop for the night"~
Next week I will get back on track sharing my thoughts on the book of John. Are you ready to tackle it with me? If so, read through John 9, and bring your thoughts to the table next week.
I promise, we are not sitting around like this anymore:
I told her Bible Study is relaxed and fun...but pajamas are probably not the expected 'dress code'...even if we are matching! But in the evenings (after the boys are all tucked in for the night) this IS where you will find us again~




6 comments:
Yeah for you! Resting and relaxing and NOT cleaning!!!! Go 2010 Resolutions!!! Even Kylie's visit was God orchastrated!!!!
I am typing this right now with WET GREEN fingernail polish envious of your snow! We don't even get whats dancing down your blog page here!!!!
.mac :)
You've inspired me...I'm gonna read some of John today for sure.
You've inspired me...I'm gonna read some of John today for sure.
I love the matching Pj's!
You guys have had so much fun, I am sure life will still be all it has been with real clothes on!!!
Love the Uggs!
OH!!!!! Do you have a good study for John? My uncle has written book on John (a study). It is so good, AND I have an extra copy!
I am so psyched for my Beth Moore study starting on Thursday. I can't wait!
Okay...the matching pj's is cute and fun!
Looks like great memories are being made!
sandy toe
Post a Comment