As Tin Man likes to joke~It was "blogable". {Sure, you can steal our blogging term!}
**********
Our two older boys do not have homework on Wednesdays, so this is our "family day".
Our two older boys do not have homework on Wednesdays, so this is our "family day".
After the kids get home from school each Wednesday, we head out to do something as a family-going to the park, picking pumpkins, riding bikes, dinner out-and this winter week:
Sledding.
This was NOT my idea, but when you are the only girl in a family of boys-You sometimes just go along to get along. {Know what I mean??} ...And surprisingly to me, I had way too much fun...
{Come On, Let's Go!}
{ I'll race ya!}
The hill we take the boys to has a "ramp" that makes you go airborne. {Yikes!} The boys adore it. Me? I avoid the ramp...and gasp {and hold my breath} when I see them suspended for a few seconds in the air!
{I tried so hard to get a picture of them in the air,
but with a mobile phone, it doesn't work out so well~}
Happy Boy went down the hill for the first time this year with Tin Man:
Happy Boy went down the hill for the first time this year with Tin Man:{He is there, under his hat~}
He squealed in his excitement.
...And cried when we had to leave.
{Our legs were frozen, and tingly, but that didn't seem to matter to Happy Boy...}
I really don't like being outside in the cold winters, but when you have three...I mean, FOUR boys-you just join in. And, this is the same hill I went down as a kid. It still IS fun!
~I love that we can do it together as a family.~
And I had someone special that offered to share his sled with me:
Winter is not so bad when you are having fun with your family!
Winter is not so bad when you are having fun with your family!
(...Who is finally warming up again!)





14 comments:
Oh-How fun is that..
Great pictures capturing the excitement.. I don't like being cold either.. but what a way to warm up! Fun times!
oh my goodness, i wish I would have been there with you!! So fun!! The boys look like they had a blast, love the snow!!
That would be such a hoot! I loved scooting down on snow as a kid - can't wait to do that with my boys one day soon... :) You must remember your good camera next time you go - those "up in the air" shots would be fantastic!!! And make sure T. Man gets one of you!!! "Go the ramp, go the ramp, go the ramp!!!" Dukes of Hazard style!!! ;) :)
Looks like everyone had a really great time!!
~WM
Fun, Fun, Fun!!!
Maybe next year I can go down it with you!!!!
Oh...I love sledding...love it!
sandy toe
One thing I admire about you is that you seem to make the most of every day and every situation. From all the fun traditions you do at Christmas, to having special family time on nights with no homework. Your boys are going to have memories galore!
Looks like so much fun. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Well done for going down the huge hill. We have a steep hill similar to that in our local park. It's called Cannon Ball Hill and it's been a very popular place recently! There were kids going down in inflatable paddling pools one day.
Happy Boy looks adorable in his cute hat.
Lindsay
x
What fun! Of course, we have nothing like this in South Carolina!
Awesome! What a fun family time. BBC dreams of getting to do such things but central AR doesn't offer much hope. BTW - you look adorable!
something i surely miss about winter! sledding! our favorite sledding hill was "coast guard hill" it was the steepest and most fun :) looks like you had a blast. sometimes we just gotta go with it, right? jump in on the fun while it is happening! happy wednesday!
It always looks fun when someone else is out in the cold. I just can't bring myself to like it...
Oh yes! I know how it feels to be outvoted! But that looks like a killer sled hill...fun. :)
Post a Comment